Moon Phases Oracle

RavenOfSummer

Just wondering, does anyone have/use this deck by Mystic Moons? I couldn't find a thread on it. I'm attaching some pics I found online.

Attachments

• f998f154ae624f84e12922295f7bb424.jpg
    f998f154ae624f84e12922295f7bb424.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 2,080
  • 023d12_733adeb8b6de4661b58f6c44c47441b2.jpg
    023d12_733adeb8b6de4661b58f6c44c47441b2.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,178

Citrin

I was drawn to it at first but after watching some flip-throughs it seems a bit shallow and without subtance to me.

I've heard a lot of people having problems with the card stock and apparently the creator isn't keen on responding very nicely to these complaints...

I'm staying away, it's too expensive for being bad quality.

RavenOfSummer

I was drawn to it at first but after watching some flip-throughs it seems a bit shallow and without subtance to me.

I've heard a lot of people having problems with the card stock and apparently the creator isn't keen on responding very nicely to these complaints...

I'm staying away, it's too expensive for being bad quality.

Oh that is unfortunate to hear about them not being responsive :( Yes, definitely a red flag. It sounds like they did two printings and are not doing a third, and I wonder if that is part of the reason why- if they had poor customer service I'm guessing that could be part of a reason for the deck to not be very popular!

I ordered it on a whim the other night. It looks like there are not many around to buy new at this point, so I just decide to grab one since I felt drawn to the images. (I bought it from a third party site- http://www.thelovehat.com/shop- since they're no longer available from the creator.) But I'm thinking I may use them more as altar cards, so hopefully that will help preserve them since it sounds like the stock is not very good.

RiverRunsDeep

Thanks for the link, reginatw. In spite of the red flags, I ordered it. :D The images spoke immediately to my intuition, so I'm hoping for the best. If it doesn't work out, it will simply be entirely your fault, for the enabling (hahaha!!).

Belinda2

I do like the look of the cards I see that the cards are now out of stock from the link you gave us cry

RavenOfSummer

Thanks for the link, reginatw. In spite of the red flags, I ordered it. :D The images spoke immediately to my intuition, so I'm hoping for the best. If it doesn't work out, it will simply be entirely your fault, for the enabling (hahaha!!).

Oh I'm glad you also felt drawn to the deck and were able to buy it through the same site, RiverRunsDeep! Haha, I will humbly apologize for the enabling if you don't like it :) Let me know what you think when you receive it! I will check back in here when I receive mine as well :)

I do like the look of the cards I see that the cards are now out of stock from the link you gave us cry

Oh no! :( Yes the images are so lovely, I hope you can still get one! Are you on Facebook? There are some deck swapping groups on there and I saw a couple of these decks were going for trade on there, which is how I initially discovered this deck. So maybe you can get one that way? If I come across any other sites selling new copies of the deck I will pass the information along right away!

RiverRunsDeep

The cards are out of stock, but the set is still available (cards and book), and it is on sale!

Oh I'm glad you also felt drawn to the deck and were able to buy it through the same site, RiverRunsDeep! Haha, I will humbly apologize for the enabling if you don't like it :) Let me know what you think when you receive it! I will check back in here when I receive mine as well :)

Received mine! I was worried that I would regret buying it, but I really love this little deck! Small, but not "too" small; a perfect fit in my hands. The colors are saturated and on the dark side, but reminiscent of a shadowy, moonlit night. No problems at all with the card stock. Smooth and silky, but not flimsy. Feels like it would stand up to some wear and tear. The images are simplistic, but I like that. It gives my intuition room to explore. Plus, I enjoy using my oracle decks alongside my tarot, so the combinations often deepen the meanings anyway.

My only regret is not buying the deck and book as a set. There is one card that is double sided; "manifestations" on one side, and "blessings" on the other. Wondering what the creator had in mind. :confused:

Belinda2

The cards are out of stock, but the set is still available (cards and book), and it is on sale!

I will have to look again thanks for everyone's information

RavenOfSummer

Received mine! I was worried that I would regret buying it, but I really love this little deck! Small, but not "too" small; a perfect fit in my hands. The colors are saturated and on the dark side, but reminiscent of a shadowy, moonlit night. No problems at all with the card stock. Smooth and silky, but not flimsy. Feels like it would stand up to some wear and tear. The images are simplistic, but I like that. It gives my intuition room to explore. Plus, I enjoy using my oracle decks alongside my tarot, so the combinations often deepen the meanings anyway.

My only regret is not buying the deck and book as a set. There is one card that is double sided; "manifestations" on one side, and "blessings" on the other. Wondering what the creator had in mind. :confused:

That sounds really lovely! I received my deck but the past week has been so hectic that I haven't had a chance to do more than look through it yet. I do love the images- the simplicity and the deep colors- and am looking forward to working with it hopefully starting this upcoming week. I will try the tarot pairings as well! Are there any particular tarot decks you feel it works well with?

Re the guide book, I was able to find a PDF version online, although it took me a bit to find it. Apparently it used to be on the creator's website so that anyone who purchased the deck could just download it there, but I guess since the creator is no longer selling new copies of the deck they have taken it down. Again I haven't really worked with it yet though.

RavenOfSummer

Was just looking at the pdf and I think I have found your answer to this!

"First, the Manifestations & Blessings card. Why is it the same image but different wording? The Moon has always been an iconic image to me; growing up I use to fall asleep to "Goodnight Moon”; I couldn't tell you how many countless times I dressed as a witch for Halloween, or how many nights I would wander out on the family farm to sit up in the hay loft and stare way up at her. She seemed so far away, and yet felt so close. So it hit me while staring at the blank backs to the prototype cards for this deck: Let's leave the deck backs black - simple - dark like the night sky, intriguing and mysterious all at once and yet as you shuffle, shuffle, shuffle and ponder, ponder, ponder…the Moon always comes out."

I think that's quite cool! :)