Coming out of the closet... and I need your help

Which back for my deck?

• Total voters

Granville

I love the concept Simone. Photographing nature is so much fun. I voted for number 7 but I agree with the others that an abstract back might be interesting.

Good Luck and thanks for sharing!

Annabelle

Oh Simone, the cards you posted are beautiful!!! If you ever do publish it, I'm buying two copies - one for myself, and one for a dear friend who loves nature photography.

About the card backs - I voted for #6. Most of the options were pretty, but that one really had positive visual impact for me.

AngelC

3 and 7 are my choices as well, 7 is really pretty but 3 is the one that differs the most from the shown cards. As I haven't seen them all I don't know if that's the case for the whole deck.
I do think it's a good idea to make the back clearly different. But very nice pics!

Rabbit

I wanted to vote for number 7, but I accidentally picked 8.
Number 7 is the best!

Simone

Thanks, Granville, Annabelle and AngelC!

I think I see what you mean with the back being different to the front - I have one deck (a tarot) where I at first looked at the backs and almost said - "the cards are all the same!" - before noticing I was looking at the backs!

Since then, everyone I showed the deck to did the same...

Hmmm...

Simone

Haha thanks Rabbit - well - poor number 8 will not feel too left out then ;)

Flavio

Loved Number 1...

When looking at the cards wondered how people would react to backs with insects, it seems the butterfly in back 7 is doing well.

huredriel

Ahhhhh you've emerged at long last :D ;) ....... I had to vote for Numbers 3 and 5 ....... I love them both ....... thought No1 was a bit too *busy* ..... but then you know what I'm like for clean lines LOL ....... wonderful concept and fantastic pictures ....... hope I'll be one of the first on you pre-order list madam!!!!

Simone

Thanks, Flavio, and Michelle!

I am currently experimenting with abstract backs (LOVE paint.net for stuff like that!).

Um - pre-orders? I haven't thought of it yet... how does that work?

firemaiden

I like number 1 the best, (the mosaic) because it looks the most like a back and the least like a competing card. I'm wondering if you might fade the back out a bit - you know, make it halfway transparent or something, so that the intensity of the colours don't compete with the other side of the card.

I also like the butterfly back, and also think you could try that half transparent.