Druid Plant Oracle

WolfSpirit

I just came across this deck when I visited the OBOD site after a long time. What a pleasant surprise !
A deck dedicated to plants from the creators of the Druidcraft, the Druid Animal Oracle and the Green Man Tree Oracle.
I have only seen a few cards of the deck so far and I am curious for more - but as I love all of their decks, and a plant deck is a good companion for the other decks, I think I will put this on top of my wish list :)

The deck has 36 cards and comes with a companion book.

Mistletoe:
http://philipcarrgomm.wordpress.com/2007/11/20/the-druid-plant-oracle/

herbalist:
http://www.druidry.org/

AJ

Thanks for sharing, I've put it in my cart at Amazon.
Their Druidcraft and Driud Animal are favorite decks of mine.

Sagepowder

That's a gorgeous drawing of the misteltoe. I love decks like that. Is this card from the same deck?
5.jpg

My list of decks I want is getting longer and I have just bought two new ones.

rachelcat

Ahhh, you got me! I jumped a quick as my little fingers would take me to Amazon. It says August 2008. I can wait, but it IS a must-have!!! Thanks for the info!

WolfSpirit

Sagepowder said:
That's a gorgeous drawing of the misteltoe. I love decks like that. Is this card from the same deck?
5.jpg

That card is from the Druidcraft Tarot - which is drawn by the same artist.

Rachelcat ~ amazon.co.uk lists it as "in stock", and the shop at the OBOD site sells it as well. I think they did the same thing with the Druidcraft, that was first available in Europe and later in US.

elvenstar

Yes, this does look good, I like his art a lot. And it says on that blog that the cards are the same size as the animal oracle, so you can mix them together if you want. I'm sort of holding out to see more info on what's included, but I'll probably be getting it. *sigh*

Sagepowder

I caved in and ordered the Druid Plant Oracle. I wasn't allowed to buy any new decks but I just had to get it. The cards look so nice. Estimated arrival on December 10! That's soon!

WolfSpirit

I ordered it too.
I am looking forward to using it together with my other decks by Will Worthington.

BodhiSeed

Thanks WolfSpirit for the heads up on this one - Will Worthington is my favorite tarot/oracle artist. Now it will be interesting to see if I can wait until the spring/summer 2008 to get it here in the US....

Bodhran

avalonian

I have it. Bought it yesterday and it's lovely. The cards are illustrated as beautifully as you would expect if you are familiar with his other decks and the book is an absolute mine of information which is presented in a very user-friendly way.

The cards are the same size so that they can be used with the Druid Animal Oracle. In the book "the Gaelic name and the botanical name of each plant is given, followed by a summary of Druid, Celtic and traditional lore for each card." (I put that in inverted commas as it's a quote directly from the book).

Highly recommend this deck, for the price it's amazing.