Deviant Moon Tarot

Moonboy

Hello Friends!

I am the creator of The Deviant Moon Tarot, which is set to be released by U.S. Games in December.

This surreal deck is made up of photo manipulations blended into my drawings. Most of the photos I took came from 18th century grave stones and abandoned insane asylums. These shots were turned into clothes, hats, jewlery, and even into the citizens themselves.

The deck took three years to create, yet it was 30 years in the making. It has been an INCREDIBLE learning experience!

You can preview a few cards and read more on its creation on my "myspace" page,(found in my forum profile) as I am developing the main website.

Main site being updated..

http://www.deviantmoon.com

In friendship,

~Moonboy~

spoonbender

Moonboy, I find your deck absolutely fascinating!

I haven't been interested in a new deck in a while now, but I sure am interested in this one... I can't wait to see more cards. :)

Congratulations and best of luck,

Spoon

wytchwood

I am SO getting it!! It's awesome. Congratulations on getting published!!

Zoe xx

shadowdancer

very interesting artwork. Look forward to seeing further cards when available :)

For those in the UK, it is available for pre-ordering through Amazon.co.uk also.

As an aside, what size of the cards, and can you tell us anything about the literature (LWB?) that may come with the deck

Regards

Davina

Sulis

This deck looks gorgeous and it has a very Tim Burtonesque feel to it. I particularly like the gothic looking belly dancer.

It's dark and a little disturbing but in a good way. I'm really looking forward to seeing all of the cards on your website Moonboy :)

Congratulations on getting it published

Sphinxmoth

EVERY time i say a word, i am eventually, inevitably forced to eat crow.

"I don't like computer-realized decks"

"my deck collection is complete"

blah blah blah blah blah... i am always so full of it.. *rolls eyes*
you'd think I'd be used to myself by now..

this deck is on my must-have list. surreal- I LOVE surreal decks.
and oh-so-MOONY

this is beyond "interesting", this totally rocks. been waiting for a "dark
and disturbing" deck that really made my mouth water for a long time,
and this looks like it's it.

MANY congratulations, Moonboy, for seeing your deck published, that's a
wonderful achievement. you totally deserve it. congratulations again,
and thanks for giving me something juicy to anticipate!

The 78th Fool

The first deck I ever saw was the Fergus Hall Tarot of the Witches. That was back in 1980 when I was thirteen. It's still one of my favourites but I've always yearned for a dark surrealist deck that's fully illustrated and not pip based. This really does fulfil that wish for me. I love working with Ciro Marchetti's decks and I also love the Rohrig and Haindl decks to. There's a particular school of surrealism over here in the UK however that this reminds me of very much, (Fergus Hall and Kit Williams exemplify this quite well). The decks I've mentioned above are a pleasure to work but this new one appeals to me in a different way. It's the perfect combination of dark, slightly twisted, humourous but also incredible beauty that does it for me.

My pre-ordered copy will get to me just after new year - it's too long to wait !!

Chris. xx

lunakasha

Sphinxmoth said:
this deck is on my must-have list. surreal- I LOVE surreal decks.
and oh-so-MOONY

this is beyond "interesting", this totally rocks. been waiting for a "dark
and disturbing" deck that really made my mouth water for a long time,
and this looks like it's it.

MANY congratulations, Moonboy, for seeing your deck published, that's a
wonderful achievement. you totally deserve it. congratulations again,
and thanks for giving me something juicy to anticipate!

Absolutely agree with Sphinxmoth....this deck is BEYOND interesting, and I have already preordered my copy, now just need to be patient,
*sigh* :eek:

This deck has now replaced both the Bohemian Gothic and Favole decks to become THE most anticipated deck for me.
I am in awe....what more can I say except thank you Moonboy (and congratulations again!)

:) Luna

willowfox

The artwork is truly fascinating but in an alien and strange way. The cards seem to scream madness.

Very clever.

6 Haunted Days

Well for an update....Jeanette at TG has heard nothing from USG about the DM...they've said the next scheduled release is the Sacred Art Tarot..."any day now". I know Amazon is taking pre-order's but they take pre-orders for sometimes 5 months before a deck comes out, so who has any idea? Let's hope the release date shown on Amazon has some basis in reality and not just a date USG threw at them as they sometimes do.

And Luna...blasphemy!!! The Bohemian Gothic has lost it's 1st place? How fickle thee are ;)