11 years of Aeclectic

Le Fanu

I remember in the early days of my membership I would work my way through all the decks of an evening, making lists of the ones I loved from the Decks section, planning next month's purchases and Oh the excitement, all the beautiful decks which promised so much.

And then I came across the Soprafino here and the scans took my breath away and I thought "if I buy that, I shall have no need for any other deck. This will be the deck to end all decks. Better to spend a bit more on a special deck and not have to buy any others rather than just squandering money on cheaper decks"

The Soprafino was really the beginning of the slippery slope. I rather miss those early days when there were so many decks I didn't know of. My deck buying has slowed down now and I wish there were more lovely pretty ones to buy but I feel that I have all of the ones I love. It's really the forum which I use most of all nowadays.

HOLMES

i am thankful i joined it

i joined in 2002 so you guys were going 2 years before i joined eh .

the early years of me being here were all praticing tarot cards, and trying out new readings that it was a great brunch of memories..
and then later on my time was spent in spirituality as i looked at spiritual topics like reiki , channelling..
now i am thinking of talking tarot topics and come now and then to check new topics out.
I am always open to pms as well.

one thing about being in a place for 9 years , and a place that was longer then me is all the wonderful people that have come and gone.. it is rare in this online world for a forum to be open more then 2 to 3 years i think let alone 11 years.

i wonder what solandia has in plans for the future of atf from here eh ?

Solandia

I've loved reading through this thread.. oh the memories.

My stand out memories over the years are mostly to do with server crashes and hacking attempts and the panic to fix them so everyone could get back on the forum! My favourite memory though would be going to the Readers Studio on 2009 and meeting dozens of ATF people who I'd previously only known as names on a computer screen - that was amazing.

~ Solandia

jema

says I joined 3 days after the forum was created but by then I was already familiar with most active posters since Solandia had another forum before this one :p

Meewah, kiama, catlin... so many names

and yeah i remember some drama but as someone said earlier even that was not really vicious and we all learnt from it, dusted outselfs off and got back to post about the important stuff - tarot.

I remember when the chatroom was filled!

Oh and I still own tons of decks I gotten from At members as gifts or trades. When I joined AT I owned 3 decks I think, hard to even imagine lol.

I remember how the ideas of the first Tarot Lovers Calender were spun on this forum and look what a hit it is now!

nisaba

gregory said:
And Frankie.

And the damage to my credit card (here it was that I first heard of Tarotgarden... Oops...)
<whimper>

Gregory, our hatred for each other is legendary, but on this one issue we are absolutely standing inside each other's skins.

<whimpers again>

nisaba

Le Fanu said:
The Soprafino was really the beginning of the slippery slope.
Out of morbid curiosity, did your affairs with gold and silver MRP decks start before or after your affair with the Soprafino?

Oh, and I'm just a newbie around here. I've really only just arrived a year or two ago. As such, I'm desperately jealous of all those who have been here a decade or more, specially since I've been using modems since 1989, so I really had no excuse not to be here.

I rmember my first ever post (no I don't, but I remember the thoughts immediately afterwards), when I quaked in my boots to see how soon someone would slap me down for having the temerity to write as if I know a thing or two about Tarot when I'd only just surfaced.

I' still waiting for that slap - it never happened. I am grateful.

gregory

nisaba said:
<whimper>

Gregory, our hatred for each other is legendary, but on this one issue we are absolutely standing inside each other's skins.

<whimpers again>
*spits*

Aerin

Apparently I first posted on 25th March 2002.

Since then I have bought a LOT of tarot decks...

Diana made me look at a Marseilles. I miss Diana.

ETA: Oh look! A date difference - it says member since 26th March 2002. I presume that must be down to time differences.

firefrost

I joined in January 2005 but I was a lurker for a long time because I was tarot-busy elsewhere.

I didn't know what to make of AT in the first place, everyone seemed so free yet there were stringent rules where I was. Then I saw the light. Rules I followed should be of my own making, and not because I was being told 'this is how we work here'.

I came as a small fish swimming in a huge ocean but soon got my bearings and I enjoyed the breath of fresh air.

Still enjoying it!

NorthernTigress

When I came to AT, I spent almost my whole time in the Fun and Games section. I played just about every game there was. I think I learned more about tarot from the games than I ever would from "serious" lessons. And then I experienced my first Train. I'm pretty sure my first ever train derailed, but it was still fun. And then when the train pubs changed from just a "got my deck" notice board to a full scale phenomenon.

After that, I became a subscriber. I learned about the reading circles. And the chat section.

All my biggest reading revelations happened here on AT. The first time I broke away from "standard readings". The first time I learned about oracle decks. When I discovered "alternative divination" like bibliomancy and the famous Flotsam and Jetsam create your own junk oracle.

And most recently, I had my eyes opened by the Spirituality forum. 214red is my spiritual mentor.