14 year itch? I am not feeling tarot...help

MaryBeattle

I have always been devoted to tarot and the intuition and inspiration of tarot. However, I am not feeling it? Not that I am bored but can't seem to read the cards...as if I was in some kind of state of being in a funk...it had Been months.

Not sure what to do... I have meditated ...I have tried to be inspired...
Help?

ImTarot

I have always been devoted to tarot and the intuition and inspiration of tarot. However, I am not feeling it? Not that I am bored but can't seem to read the cards...as if I was in some kind of state of being in a funk...it had Been months.

Not sure what to do... I have meditated ...I have tried to be inspired...
Help?

Maybe a new deck? Maybe take a break? Maybe a cleansing?

MaryBeattle

Hmm... All good ideas

Thank you for your input...maybe taking a break... I have tried cleansing and reading a new deck...must be a phase :/ this will sound odd...but I am feeling nothing...like you are just floating in space...I see the cards and know the meanings ...but I feel nothing...very odd.
Maybe taking a break will be good.

Grizabella

These times have happened for me now and then, too. I find it helps me to just do something else altogether for awhile. Then when I come back to it, Tarot is very much more understandable and full of vitality again.

I usually take a break by doing more creative and artistic things. Right now I'm doing a lot of beadwork and I've noticed that the creative work enhances my readings. I'm also doing a study of a deck that's been hard for me to read with and that seems to have brought a lot of new energy to my readings in general. Too much of anything isn't really constructive.

ImTarot

Thank you for your input...maybe taking a break... I have tried cleansing and reading a new deck...must be a phase :/ this will sound odd...but I am feeling nothing...like you are just floating in space...I see the cards and know the meanings ...but I feel nothing...very odd.
Maybe taking a break will be good.

I love reading books I read more than I do watching tv. I can read maybe 2 books a week. I have gone through periods where I just don't feel like reading but I want to but the bleh feeling overtakes me.
I haven taken long breaks from books and when I get the desire to read it's a new appreciation.

I bet a break will do you good.

Lazylady

Know what you mean....

I tried with tarot a few years ago and then gave it up for a while. I think you just have to take a break sometimes. For me, studying tarot is a very intense thing, so I can't concentrate on it all the time. Good advice about trying a new deck but sometimes you just have to go and do something else! I have the same problems with a novel I am trying to write, to the extent that it's taken me 3 years to write and I'm still not finished!

ImTarot

I tried with tarot a few years ago and then gave it up for a while. I think you just have to take a break sometimes. For me, studying tarot is a very intense thing, so I can't concentrate on it all the time. Good advice about trying a new deck but sometimes you just have to go and do something else! I have the same problems with a novel I am trying to write, to the extent that it's taken me 3 years to write and I'm still not finished!

You brought up something I was trying to say but couldn't think of it. When you are not feeling it in regards of reading tarot it's almost the same when a writer has writer block.

Seraphina

I agree with what others have said about taking a break, I have been involved with tarot for some 15 years now and there were times when I was completely consumed with it, infact there were times when I couldn't get enough of it!
But during some of that time I did have mental blocks and couldn't read at all, then I knew I needed to do other things...
I knew I could read Tarot, people I'd read for said my readings were accurate, I also do and always will feel and be totally connected to Tarot, so I am able to have extensive breaks when I feel I am unable to focus or read, and no matter what I do on those breaks, Tarot is always with me in one form or another, so I never worry that I'm losing my skill or that I will never be able to get back into it again because I can and I do.. So yes, have a break it really will help šŸ˜€

tarotbear

Sometimes you really have to walk away from it :eek: and wait for it to call you back. In everything there is a saturation point, especially with something like Tarot where you never stop learning. Do not feel guilty; we have all done it at some point - and some of us have done it several times! :shhh:

AJ

according to your profile you only have one deck.
Why don't you try the Thoth and a few related books?

Julia Cameron calls stepping back from a passion (either by choice or by lethargy)
refilling the well.
And sometimes we just move on.