1982 Sacred Rose - To Trim or Not To Trim?

AJ

when you finish be sure to all photos to the altered deck thread.
I love it when there is one photo with both front and back as before and after.

RiverRunsDeep

Will do! :)

LindaMechele

I have some supplies to order and an upcoming trip, so this may take awhile but I will definitely share some pics.
No problem. I have a large To Do List to work through before I can get to cuttin', too.

any new deck you buy today has the potential to be collectible down the road.
Even mass market decks from Lo Scarabeo have that potential and can command good prices. I'm thinking in the 100-125.00 range as collectible value.
And mine's definitely NOT in "collectible" shape, so would probably be lucky to get the ten bucks River mentioned she paid. I just saw another '82 SR in the trading forum for $31, but I'm thinking that one's more close to collectible than mine is, though I may shoot the trader a PM to make sure.

... because people here are more familiar with the whole concept of trimming trimmed decks usually sell just fine here on our own trading forum.
That's good to know, too. I have a DaVinci and newer Sacred Rose I want to practice on first, so it's nice to know I might can still trade them off later.

Other markets? Viewers would probably think you'd lost your mind.
HA! I agree with River - life's more fun that way.

strangely enough, I have seen a few bidding wars on ebay for altered decks.
Interesting. I've only read about one deck that was artificially aged that went for a pretty penny. Was that the type of altering you saw, River? If not, what did they do to it/them?

when you finish be sure to all photos to the altered deck thread.
I love it when there is one photo with both front and back as before and after.
Will do! With my Sacred Roses, I think I'll do something a bit different from the photos I linked above (from that fabulous thread you curate, AJ - thanks for doing that! I thoroughly enjoyed looking through it.). I want to leave more of the black border. I've ordered some Tim Holtz Distress Inks including black and the plan is to use that on the edges and overlap just a tiny bit onto the first 1/8" or so of the border to make that outside edge of the border solid black, while leaving the white spots nearer the images. I think it may work on my older SR, but not so sure about the newer, laminated-to-death one. Might have to bread out the sandpaper.

LindaMechele

It worked! Look what I did, y'all! I practiced on the newer Sacred Rose deck and it turned out SO well! I LOVE IT! It's taken me three evenings after work, but, oh MAN, it was worth it. I'm definitely doing the 1982 this way.

I also took extensive pictures so I can do a "How To" thread soon.

Attachments

• IMG_1454.jpg
    IMG_1454.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 78