The Lifetime Cards - Personality, Soul and Year - how do we use them?

LittleWing

hi everyone

pleased to meet you all - a very interesting post!!

im not to sure about a card for each catagory you have stated (soul, personnality etc.) but i wish to share 'my' cards.

THE FOOL - definatley. he is my daily card 90% of the time for the past year - we have definatley made friends!! i see it as my independance, individuality, fearlessness, i tend not to look back (only forward) - although i DO learn from mistakes. i went through a rebirth a year ago and i believe this is me at the beginning of my next journey - life is in chapters.

his advice to me - he reminds me to have fun and not take life so seriously. just walk on......

so wise - why is he called the fool !!!

HIGH PRIESTESS - i tend to appear in the spreads i do for others as her. with all modesty - i am educated, wise for my years, a little secretive, and i study life as i travel each day.

these are not indepth, just little thoughts. they mean more to me - but it is hard me to express in words.

Moongold

Hello Little Wing and welcome,

If you'd like to find out more about the Soul, Personality, Teacher and Year cards, keep reading through this thread. There are references to other threads that might be of interest as well.

If you'd like to find out how to calculate YOUR Soul and other cards pay a visit to this web site and you'll be able to do it automatically: http://www.athenaluna.com/

And if you want to talk about it, come back here :)

Moongold

Moongold

Re: My take on the wheel of fortune

Greetings Wolf Spirit and thank you for sharing your thoughts.

I love the way you described listening to your inner voice so that you now when to go with the ebbs and flows of the Wheel. If you were to do that you may well avoid the Tower sponsored sort of changes that I have had.

After our last conversation I began to think about what I could learn from both you and the Tower, as we share some issues around change. Knowing oneself really well is one thing, so that the inner voice can speak clearly and be heard.

Trying to be in as good a spiritual state as possible, is another, so that if unexpected changes happen I will be as prepared for them as possible. There are probably many other things. But they are two fairly good ones.

Thank you once more and Blessings.

Moongold

LittleWing

hi, thanks for the link (and putting me right)

i am lovers, lovers, devil

WolfSpirit

Hello Moongold,
I have learnt a lot from you here so I hope I could give you something in return (and learn from it myself as well).
There is one image that sticks to my mind, it is by Pamela Eakins who wrote the book on the Tarot of the Spirit:
she says: the wheel is turning. Now if you find yourself at the edge or the outside of the wheel, you have to make big turns so you feel as if you are changing constantly. But if you are in the centre, you feel only small changes although you are still on the wheel - so put yourself in the centre and you are more stable.
At first this figure of speech did not appeal to me because what does that mean: put yourself in the centre, but it still stuck in my mind, I find it a very powerful image and I guess you have to find for yourself what it takes to find a good position on the wheel so you can feel more stable. Maybe you like it too.

mahimaisme

my cards..need help with meanings.

hello.
i just figured out all my cards but i need help interpreting them...i'm very new to the tarot...i would appreciate any help, please.
personality card:wheel of fortune
soul card: magician
hidden factor card: sun
constellation: magician
and this is the most allarming:
my year card: death.

could this mean a physical death?
also, what does each card...well, personality is sort of obvious but what does your soul card say about you?
and your constellation?

mahimaisme

clarifying spread

i just did a reading to clarify the significance of death in this year and here's what it gave me:

it was a regular 7 card spread with F as the significator chosen by the tarot and the first 3 cards representing past and the next 3 rep future:

F- the fool in reverse
1- 2 pentacles reversed
2- 3 swords, reversed
3-6 swords, reversed
4-ace, pentacles
5- 6, pentacles
7- reversed king of cups

i thought it could indicate a real physical death of someone since pentacles are sometimes taken to refer to the physical body and releted things... also, 6 came up twice and numerogically it is the number of harmony, quiet circumstances...etc....

...i'm still trying to interpret its significance in every way possible..i'm hoping it also means the death, as in end, of some negative things and events, etc.

..just thought the spread results could clarify it a bit... ?

WalesWoman

First off... Death doesn't neccesarily mean physical death. Think of this as a time of changes, that there may be things in your life that have come to the end of a cycle or reached a stage that can't continue in the same manner any longer. It maybe be something you fear but is inevitable.

It is an ending of something, but with it comes a new beginning. It could be, as in relationships for example, transforming from the first dreamy lusty state and calms down, becoming more comfortable and not as exciting. It doesn't neccessarily mean the love is gone or something intrinsic is missing, it's only changed. That butterflies in the tummy stage can't be maintained forever and when we feel it changing, sometimes we become anxious about it, not realizing that this is part of the normal flow of things... that nothing can stay the same without becoming stagnant.

F- the fool in reverse This is you, seeing negativity in the Death card, looking backward in fear over your shoulder rather than this can bring some welcome, much needed changs, so I would think this is resisting rather than taking a leap of faith.

1- 2 pentacles reversed
2- 3 swords, reversed
3-6 swords, reversed
I'm not quite sure why you did past and future this way, but oh well. It is the past and most likely something in your present that has to go, has to change in order to be in the present and reach the future.
What I see from the first three cards is lack of balance, that conflicts are affecting the physical/material, that perhaps you keep trying to hold on to something, rather than letting go & learning from it, so it actually holds you back in a some state of stress of long standing.

These 3 cards add up to 11 Justice or Strength depending... which is apt, because one is about creating balance, cutting out what doesn't using clarity to do it, while Strength is sort of control and manipulation to get those imbalances to work for you rather against you... without forcing it.

4-ace, pentacles
5- 6, pentacles
7- reversed king of cups

Here comes a new opportunity for growth and development, and adjustment, finding a balance or perhaps coming to a realization of what you can afford to put into something or can't, if your needs are being met... or not... if it is worth it or not. The King Cups RX could be losing control of your emotions, or not distancing yourself from them but actually becoming immersed in them.

It could mean a lot of other things as well, but I don't really see any real physical death. It could deal more with material, financial problems... perhaps work related changes.
This last set adds up to 7 Chariot... which is again using your will to control and balance opposing feelings and get you on track... finding a middle ground, rather than yo-yo juggle that happens with the 2 Pents.

They all add up to the Star... which is sort of a recouperative state, nurturing future growth and replenshing your emotional reserves... hope and faith.
or breaks down to the Hermit... going within to find hidden insights and knowledge, seeking advice and wisdom.

I haven't had a death year yet, I hear they can be difficult but are the means for further growth and expansion... like a snake shedding it's skin because it's grown too much to fit it's present one.

mahimaisme

wales Woman!!
thank you!!!!!
that helped clarify things to no end!!!!
and thank you for the bit about the fool seeing the negative LOL :)
mahima