Kickstarter deck - Faerie Enchantments

Celtictarot

I've backed it! It's stunning and gothic fae

moonbear

Well, I came back from my shopping trip and backed this deck. First time ever with Kickstarter! I only have one other oracle deck, Earth Magic, so this will be a welcome addition.

And hey, what's with the sexism?! Gorgeous sexy young women can be wise too :)

moonbearxxx

Citrin

To answer you, first of all I reacted because this is a forum and the question was asked. Second, oracles are supposed to be spiritual beings who we turn to in order to get guidance in our life when things are tough, for example. If I have problem with my drug addict teenage son for example. What could those booby girls tell me? Of course if one only asks sugarcoated questions like "will B kiss me tonight" it could be an oracle for such a question.
Oracles are wise people who have lived, suffered and have became wise from their experience. I don't see any wisdom in these cards.

Well, sorry, I really didn't mean to offend anyone. Just wanted to discuss the other side of it (been seeing a lot of the "too pretty/sexy/perfect" comments lately), that the creator has the last say and I personally feel that should be respected also. If I were to make an oracle or tarot deck I would definitely go by my own taste with whatever feels the most spiritual, beautiful, fitting to me - Wouldn't anyone?

If anyone is drawn to this deck, but has wishes of diverse body shapes, skin color, or whatever, don't be shy contacting Ian Daniels. He has already made changes to the deck because people contacted him and had wishes about male figures (which he included) and gilding (which he included). So there's hope. :)

Citrin

Well, I came back from my shopping trip and backed this deck. First time ever with Kickstarter! I only have one other oracle deck, Earth Magic, so this will be a welcome addition.

And hey, what's with the sexism?! Gorgeous sexy young women can be wise too :)

moonbearxxx

Haha that's a good point! ;)

I don't feel all decks have to fit every question/focus area/occasion really. Like Michelle above said, yeah, maybe this is not the deck to ask for guidance if one has a drug addicted son wanting a reading, but that goes for many oracle/tarot decks. I wouldn't pick the Kuyan Yin Oracle for that either. Or Mother Mary Oracle. Or even Earth Magic. So yeah... :)

DaughterOfDanu

Very tempting. Though a handful of the prints I'm seeing look like reworked or revisted cards from the Tarot of Vampyres. So that's something I'll need to take into consideration.

rabbitghost

As I see it. These cards are an ode to nature. A love of life. In Celtic mythology Tír na nÓg ("Land of Youth") is one of the names for the Otherworld, or perhaps for a part of it. It is depicted as a supernatural realm of everlasting youth, beauty, health, abundance and joy. The figures in the cards are allegories of nature, the elements and the seasons. Nature spirits. They are the essence of life, love. If you have ever loved, you will know that the person loved is all youth and beauty in your truest vision of them. Whether 90 years old or a child. Pure conception of light. There is some nudity-ish, but it is either only anatomical, breasts for nuturing our young, fingers are blood and bone, to pluck musical strings, eyes show deepest emotions. The few images that do have sexual conotations are either joyful and playful or vibrant. These cards are not about the physical they are designed to express our bliss. That is not to say they are all idealism, there are to be foreboding crones (Winter), kitten headed sentinals, drowning gods, a magikal child, a young mothers love, occult magik and poetic sorrow (sweet autumn sadness). If your view of the universe around you and within you is that of light, love and beauty, then these images are a musing on the joy of nature, leaping fox cubs, the luminous moon of bone, conception, cartilage, honey, milk, blood and blossom. The intoxication of apples.The fundamental belief of Celtic spirituality is the understanding that nature is not merely inert matter, but is a luminous interwoven dimension of spirits, soul-memory and magical inspiration. The Otherworld is just below the surface of all living things and the world around us. It is the subtle spiritual web that lies at the center of everything, and the foundation of physical manifestation. A secret universe we all hold within us, the connections we forge with our loved ones and the enchantment within the natural world around us. Magikal inspiration is refered to as 'Awen' in Druidic belief and practices. The feminine noun, Awen, has been variously translated as 'inspiration', 'muse', or 'poetic rapture'. These cards are not about entangled dark psychologies, which are a veil of our own weaving, and just illusions projected by the ego, nor are they about frowning into dusty books of intellectual 'wisdom'. They are about the joy of life, a childs playful dream-song, the bliss of a blossom opening to the sun.
"Like all dreamers, I mistook disenchantment for truth". Jean-Paul Sartre

moonbear

As I see it. These cards are an ode to nature. A love of life. In Celtic mythology Tír na nÓg ("Land of Youth") is one of the names for the Otherworld, or perhaps for a part of it. It is depicted as a supernatural realm of everlasting youth, beauty, health, abundance and joy. The figures in the cards are allegories of nature, the elements and the seasons. Nature spirits. They are the essence of life, love. If you have ever loved, you will know that the person loved is all youth and beauty in your truest vision of them. Whether 90 years old or a child. Pure conception of light. There is some nudity-ish, but it is either only anatomical, breasts for nuturing our young, fingers are blood and bone, to pluck musical strings, eyes show deepest emotions. The few images that do have sexual conotations are either joyful and playful or vibrant. These cards are not about the physical they are designed to express our bliss. That is not to say they are all idealism, there are to be foreboding crones (Winter), kitten headed sentinals, drowning gods, a magikal child, a young mothers love, occult magik and poetic sorrow (sweet autumn sadness). If your view of the universe around you and within you is that of light, love and beauty, then these images are a musing on the joy of nature, leaping fox cubs, the luminous moon of bone, conception, cartilage, honey, milk, blood and blossom. The intoxication of apples.The fundamental belief of Celtic spirituality is the understanding that nature is not merely inert matter, but is a luminous interwoven dimension of spirits, soul-memory and magical inspiration. The Otherworld is just below the surface of all living things and the world around us. It is the subtle spiritual web that lies at the center of everything, and the foundation of physical manifestation. A secret universe we all hold within us, the connections we forge with our loved ones and the enchantment within the natural world around us. Magikal inspiration is refered to as 'Awen' in Druidic belief and practices. The feminine noun, Awen, has been variously translated as 'inspiration', 'muse', or 'poetic rapture'. These cards are not about entangled dark psychologies, which are a veil of our own weaving, and just illusions projected by the ego, nor are they about frowning into dusty books of intellectual 'wisdom'. They are about the joy of life, a childs playful dream-song, the bliss of a blossom opening to the sun.
"Like all dreamers, I mistook disenchantment for truth". Jean-Paul Sartre

rabbitghost, that was absolutely beautiful :)

Citrin

Rabbitghost, wow you're a poet! <3 thank you so much for sharing, that was absolutely beautiful and brought so much understanding.

moonbear

Rabbitghost, wow you're a poet! <3 thank you so much for sharing, that was absolutely beautiful and brought so much understanding.

Didn't it just? I've already read it several times :)

It's explained the concept behind the deck so clearly that I'll be referring back to it when I finally receive my cards. The magic, the joy, the beauty of the natural world......it's all there.

I'm so glad this project is going ahead :)

moonbearxxx

Calayvie

I'm not sure if this the right place to post this as this isn't my deck I didn't post it the creation deck thread, but if the administration thinks it should be there please move thanks.

I was given a link today for a kickstarter Oracle deck, called the Faerie Enchantments https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iandaniels/faerie-enchantments/description

I just love the artwork work in it and have backed it, first time I have backed a kickstarter project, he has reached his funding total, so the deck will be going ahead.
I searched to see if anything was already on the forums about this but my search came up with no results, so thought I would share the link for anyone else who may want to back this deck or is interested in its concept.
This looks good Tigerangel [emoji4]

I am a fan of his Tarot of the Vampyres, especially the companion book Phantasmagoria, and so I am very interested in this Oracle deck.

I'm disappointed to see his "Aries" card is the 3 of Scepters card from his Tarot deck! I do love this card and always admire her beauty when I get it, but to also get it from an oracle deck would be somewhat disjointing, and I think repeating this card works against the deck. I hope there are not other repeated cards, I haven't checked through them all.

In spite of this drawback I am adding this to my wishlist, I think it will be a deep and knowledgeable deck with lots to study!

Thanks for posting about it!! [emoji1]

Sent from my R5 using Tapatalk