Aggressive Shufflers

Vechernitsa

I like aggressive shuffling. i riffle shuffle my cards and they bent all the ways the want to. that gives them a feeling of an old friend. i have a deck of playing cards I had since I was 7 it's been played with for sooo long that it's really bended and the paper of the cards is soft and oily, like an old friend :D

kisou

Vechernitsa said:
I like aggressive shuffling. i riffle shuffle my cards and they bent all the ways the want to. that gives them a feeling of an old friend. i have a deck of playing cards I had since I was 7 it's been played with for sooo long that it's really bended and the paper of the cards is soft and oily, like an old friend :D

Haha- my first deck is like that~ I love that feeling soooo much~! I know some people want their decks to be very nice and in tip-top shape, but as long as they're not actually creased or the corners bent or anything, I'm all for it :D

Vechernitsa

kisou said:
but as long as they're not actually creased or the corners bent or anything, I'm all for it :D
Yes Of course I not saying that the cards should be damaged in any way, I just think that giving them that personality of your own hands is great and there is no point in trying to keep them as they come from the manufacturer, there is no charm in that.

ana luisa

People never shuffle my decks. They can look at them, though :D Their energy does not have to involve the actual touching or even being present for that matter (if that were the case, online readings would NEVER work). And my decks cost me a lot. If I lose one, I may not have enough to buy another...
Not being a snob; just practical.

rainboweve

I'm with those who prefer to shuffle their own decks - and I'm also okay with aggressive shuffling if I'm the one doing it, though I don't tend to be a very aggressive shuffler. I guess I'm of the opinion that a deck used for regular reading is bound to have signs of wear & tear. "Well loved" is the term I like to use to describe it. :D

Dercetius

I'm guilty of shuffling in a harsh manner. That is one of the reasons flimsy card stock decks don't last long with me. On the other hand, I take special care of the deck when it's not being used in the process per se, as I store it carefully.

G6

I have only certain decks for others to handle and do readings with, and I don't care if those get beat up. I'd recommend this practice if it will bum you out if someone else doesn't handle the cards the way you do.