Forest Folklore - Strength

rcb30872

Seems pretty much straight forward, but I would like to look at a few things.

Lion - the king of the beasts, has been one of the most common animal symbols of courage, agility, fortitude, power and majesty for thousands of years.

Rose - according to legend, the 'queen of flowers' grew without thorns in Eden, but sprouted them after the Fall as a reminder. In ancient Green and Rome the rose was the emblem of the goddesses of love Aphrodite and Venus, and a symbol of beauty and desire. In Christian lore, the red rose signifies martyrdom and charity.

I think that the purple flowers that are on the forest floor are lavender, but I could be wrong, but if that is the case, lavender means acknowledgement.

White - purity, chastity, peace, virginity, light, wisdom and because it conceals nothing, innocence and truth. On the other hand, white is also the blankness and absolute silence.

Purple - authority, dignity, glory, honour, majest, royalty and power. As a combination of red and blue, it is the union of love and truth.

Rede Seeker

I love this card

The woman appears to be an Elder, she's lived long and wears the robes of one who has achieved a state of grace and sovereignty (white gown with purple trim and vest). The lion is a lioness - we see female-to-female communion. The Elder is tied to her inner beast.

The leafless trees behind her are odd, considering that she is standing in a deep carpet of flowers (lavender?) and in the distance we see trees with leaves on them. Perhaps the leafless trees are a reflection of Elderhood, too. They can no longer leaf but they still stand. The openness is important. She and her inner-lioness stand fully visible, no secrets. They are intent on each other, vulnerable in that open space, but so be it.

scorpioleah

I also noticed the trees.
The sky looks clear, as if it were summer.
The trees in the backround have leaves but the ones near the elder and lioness have none. I had a feeling that the trees had been damaged (by mankind or nature) yet they still stand showing strength, as strong as a tree.