'Colorize' The Everyman Tarot?

What do you think of the Everyman Tarot Colorized?

• Oh, NO! The B & W version is very powerful! Leave it!

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Maybe it will work ... it could be interesting to have a copy of each version.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Oh, YES! I will definately buy it if you colorize it!

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tarotbear

De Debble!

You may see this as a card that is basically BLACK - but it took a lot of work and a lot of thinking! })

Attachments

• MA 015a.jpg
    MA 015a.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 125

tarotbear

Tower

The Tower; I think the fire effect came out rather well.

Attachments

• MA 016.jpg
    MA 016.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 126

tarotbear

The Star & The Moon

It was much easier to make the 7 eight-pointed stars on the PC and copy them than try to draw out seven perfectly matched stars with a marker, so I added the stars back to the original Star card.

This Moon is a total rethink of the Card.

Attachments

• MA 017.jpg
    MA 017.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 122
  • MA 018.jpg
    MA 018.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 121

Padma

Love the Moon card, TB! :) Especially I like the wolf and the dog! And also the sort of wild man version in the wolf's Hermit type man, and the more civilised, Western type version of the dog's man. Neat!

tarotbear

They are the same two men from the Hermit card - which are all me - anyway! LOL! :p

For me it's all about cycles and changes and phases, so the same man appears as both younger and older versions of himself.

Aina

Hey I saw your black and white tarot on YT but I love the colorful more! As usual, color is color, has the power to influence the mood and all that. Lovely deck!!!

tarotbear

Thank you, Aina, very much!

Colorization is a PROCESS! Some cards take far more work to color than others, and sometimes I go back and add the details I was not able to do originally, clear up blurry lines, etc. Sometimes I just wonder what I was thinking at the time! I am currently working on The Sun and part of something is missing; I guess I forgot to ink it in, and when I erased the pencil lines I never noticed! :bugeyed: In B & W you don't realize it's missing! :p

As I've said already - being able to control line thickness makes a big difference in drawing detail. Sometimes I been really indulgent - added fingernails or eye color - the wolf even has red gums- small things that will possibly never show in the printed image ---but I'll know they are there! lol! :laugh:

However - I do have a project starting that will consume the month of October and today I was asked about next February! I still have a cross-stitch picture to start and complete; colorizing 78 cards is still 'sometime in the future.' :rolleyes:

MeeWah

I am enjoying seeing the transformation from black & white to colours.

The colourization makes it look like a different deck entirely. Which is sort of true since changes have occurred within the individual cards.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the deck in colour (hint, hint) :)

tarotbear

The Sun

Here is the Sun card - much closer to the RWS original. Coloring in 100 sunflower petals was a bitch! It's up to you if it's a pony or a burro!

Also a possibility for the card backs; I figure I can reuse my originals and add the colored diamonds and not have to re-do them all when the entire deck is completed - probably some time in summer 2014!

Attachments

• MA 019.jpg
    MA 019.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 130
  • Card Back Colorlayers.jpg
    Card Back Colorlayers.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 111

tarotbear

The Trumpet Shall Sound!

...and the Dead shall be waken!

I always thought that even with it's gray dead bodies that the RWS was a little too pretty, so I chose to have Judgement come in bright glory to the dead or damned below in the holocaustic skies. {Hey! TB is not all goodness and light - ya know!}

Gabriel is a blond, a redhead - or are they tongues of fire?

Attachments

• MA 020a.jpg
    MA 020a.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 125