undressing of a salad

sagitarian

Oh such wonderful insights!

Thank you to all that have responded! I find the different views brilliant! It's hard for me to add to this more, but I have one other view point that hasn't been shared on this card. Here it goes...

Undressing of a salad ~ To me, it talks about the "salad" of our life. All the different things that we have mixed into our lives, some things are "green" some things are "red" and others are "white" with a variety of other colors. Some things are good for us, some people put things on their salads that are not so good for them. But all in all, it talks about how our life is a salad. I think what the fae noticed is, that's it's odd for them to see humans order salads, and them "pick them apart", taking off onions, tomato slices, croutons, cucumber slices, etc. I'm sure that they don't understand why we pick apart our salads like so, as most of us don't do this with very many foods, but it's common for us to do it with salads. They compared this "picking things off" aspect with how we add things in our lives, and then we "pick off" the things we don't like about what we added. So usually, when this card comes up in a reading, I ask the querent "what is it in your life that you are picking apart, or disecting?" or sometimes i will pull clarity cards on "what is being picked off or disected".

Thank you again for all that have replied.

Sagitarian

Jewel

Well let me add my two pearls here. I have gotten this card several times, and something about it always bugged me. When I re-did the exercesises at the front of the book I chose it as my least favorite card. Well now I know what it means, I am living it *LOL*.

It is just like taking the dressing off the salad like someone else said. Not necessarily shaking off the past, althought that would fit nicely too, but it is like not being able to shake off what is going and watching it get more compounded by the day (tossed like a salad). Lets see if I can explain using my real life example. I just got laid-off, my mother-in law needs a second hip surgery (had the last one 6-7 months ago), and my husband and I are in the middle of doing exterior house repairs and it rains every weekend. Lots of little things, all happening at once like a snow ball effect. I really don't like this card *LOL*

sagitarian

In a reading today, I got this card as my "present" state.

Froud, in "Good Faeries/Bad Faeries" talks about how this card is about inspriation and balance.

After reading Froud's intake, and all the posts here, I do see both, inspiration, balance, making due with what happend, etc.

when a new inspiration comes into your life, sometimes, it comes out of nowhere. Well, what I've recently experienced did just that, it came out of no where.

Emotion vs. Logic. When these two things become out of balance, it's ideal to balance them back out again. Or one will win over the other, and neither will be a good healthy outcome.

I also see the hanged man (in tarot), you've now experienced an awakening of energy. That energy is incredible. But you can only remain intoxicated by this energy until the time comes where you have to rebalance yourself, however, this awakening has changed you, and it's a bit confusing how to go back to a normal state after the enlightenment.

For me, in this reading, it is the present. That I am indeed taking my new found (intoxicating) energy and beginning to understand how I can incorporate that energy (so it's not so intoxicating) into my every day life.

To describe the energy experienced, it was like a fire that just turned wild. I wanted to be inside that flame, and I was for a few minutes, but I am being "forced" to step back out of that flame and for now, continue on with my life, but I CAN NOT ignore what happend, nor how I feel. The experience has moved and enlightend my spirit (the hanged man), and now I have to find how it fits in with my life, as I can not abandon or even deny what happend to me spiritually and emotionally.

So really, I see it as rebalancing your life after an intense experience, or stress.

It's a soothing thought to know, I am rebalancing myself, as it is what I NEED to do for now.

Sage

Jewel

Sage I like your take on the card. Unfortunately in my life it is always like the salad has tumbled off the table. I have not had the fortune of the rebalancing effects of this card. If anything it always knocks me off balance.

qwaychou

This card tells me to have fun, maybe learn a fun skill, not work related, just something for fun. I see past and future fae and all kinds of fae.
It says to me play nice, play fair, don't brag, boast or show off.