Dame Darcy Mermaid ver. 3

MissChiff

I revived an email this morning....version 3 has 22 new illustrations..

GlitterNova

Oh awesome, I didn't even know there was a version 2

Pipistrelle

Ah, this is very interesting..! I love that Moon. Much better. :)

Sulis

Are there any pictures anywhere?

JuniperPress

Interesting. I like that she redid some of the cards but I didn't like the fact that she didn't address the elephant in the room when it was a hot topic here. It would have been nice for her to be upfront and honest - at least SOME form of explanation would have been nice. There's no explanation on that post either except a bunch of hype for the 'new' cards. For some reason that doesn't sit well with me.

jema

Does she even have an account here? Perhaps she did write about the issue somewhere else, anyway, enough about that.
I would LOVE to have that deck but with postage to Sweden it would end up way way over my budget.
Wish some publisher would grab it (after some revisions then)

feynrir

Just no.

Interesting. I like that she redid some of the cards but I didn't like the fact that she didn't address the elephant in the room when it was a hot topic here. It would have been nice for her to be upfront and honest - at least SOME form of explanation would have been nice. There's no explanation on that post either except a bunch of hype for the 'new' cards. For some reason that doesn't sit well with me.

I agree completely. This might be a harsh line to draw for some, but I have not and now will not support her work. (I am so glad I never purchased the deck on a whim like I thought about doing back in the day.)

In Darcy's defense, I was aware of the deck before it absolutely EXPLODED in popularity, and maybe she just didn't expect this project to achieve the liftoff that it did? It did seem to get a huge push out of nowhere; it had been around a while before that. If I were working on a personal project, maybe I would have done something similar--although I can't imagine I would put such blatant plagiarism out on the internet, for sale. That's just too risky, and too just plain wrong!

I have searched for an apology or a redressing of these issues and have found nothing. I cannot support her work; it's dishonest not to come clean.

katey

I have to agree. I'm one of those people that can forgive almost anything as long as the issue is addressed honestly and humbly. But this almost felt like a new sales pitch rather than responding to the problems that had been raised. I dunno, just leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth.