your dream tarot book

emily2otters

if you could commission a book on tarot by your favorite author, what would it be about?

i dream of a book that interprets each card in different types of spread positions -- center, obstacle, other people, hopes/fears, advice, etc... ravenswing had elsewhere recommended the "tarot decoder" for this purpose, but looking at the exerpts on amazon.com i saw that it only gave a keyword or two for each type of position. i would want something far more in depth. also, i wouldn't want it to be limited to just celtic cross positions, there being such a wealth of wonderful spreads out there. maybe it should have a large section of spreads, too... or a volume of spreads and a volume of interpretations.

ahhh.... i can dream, right?

amyel

That would be one big book!

I can agree with you to a certain extent. But I think this book would actually *limit* me. I find interpretations change so much based on the cards around them, not just the position of the card in the spread. And then there would be the combination of the types of questions and whether or not they were reversed....but for those lazy days when I've read and just don't want to actually "interpret"...it would be useful.

jema

i would like an "inspiration book" a book with ideas on how to work with the cards, exercises, crafts, meditations and ideas on how to incorporate tarot into your daily life (making a tarot-garden, patterns for a really cool magician-outfit, a quiz, affirmations, qabalah correspondances, numerology and such things too)
oh cross-stitch patterns!
bake the empresses fruit cake:)

i want a fun book!

the hermit

jema said:
i would like an "inspiration book" a book with ideas on how to work with the cards, exercises, crafts, meditations and ideas on how to incorporate tarot into your daily life (making a tarot-garden, patterns for a really cool magician-outfit, a quiz, affirmations, qabalah correspondances, numerology and such things too)

i want a fun book!

sounds like a great book to me!
let's write it :)

Ravenswing

moongardens

jema--

the book that goers with the tarot of a moon garden might interest you... instead of describing a card and giving interpretations, each card has a rendering, a reading and a ritual...

rendering is the card's image, reading is the card's meaning and ritual is something magickal that can be associated with the card.

and yes, there is at least one recipe....

ravenswing

Jenny-Li

I'll have it, even if I have to write it myself...!

The book I want describes the meaning of the cards by a short story, purely fiction, written in a way that portrays the card in an in depth but without it being limiting. You would get a "feeling" for the card, rather than a meaning. This would of course be a BIIIIG book too, with 78 short stories, but it would definitely be dearly loved...!

And yes, if noone else writes it, I'll do it myself...! ;)

Jenny :)

jema

the hermit said:

sounds like a great book to me!
let's write it :)

yes, and it is a book that would be great to write together with others, like a community book!
and we could incorporate jenny-li's short stories too.
(hmmm this would be one HUGE book)

the hermit

jema said:

yes, and it is a book that would be great to write together with others, like a community book!
and we could incorporate jenny-li's short stories too.
(hmmm this would be one HUGE book)
That would be great!
A 'coffee table' book with tons of art and photos, about 16"x12" and at least 2" thick. The credits alone would take a chapter :D

Maybe THAT should be the forum project :)

Jenny-Li

the hermit said:

That would be great!
A 'coffee table' book with tons of art and photos, about 16"x12" and at least 2" thick. The credits alone would take a chapter :D

Maybe THAT should be the forum project :)

This is starting to sound to me like a plan taking form...! :)

Helruna

jema said:

i want a fun book!

That sure sounds like a great book to me! I think your idea with the book is wonderful! I'll be looking forward to see in what direction your project is heading!! :)

BB,
Helruna