My Yes/No Cards

Master_Margarita

How did you program your cards? Do you program each deck separately?

:heart: M_M~

Owlface

Thank you, fudogazi, for these. I never used to ask Yes/No questions but recently, your guide has been proving very useful. As you say, no guide can be 100 per cent accurate, and sometimes we need to go deeper with a spread, but my experience with these is : They are far more accurate than i would have suspected. :)

Owlface

Aces Meaning Yes

When you say all the Aces are Yes, with varying degrees of speed, could you say more ? Which is the speediest, and so on ?

Rob

This is a very interesting way to approach yes/no! I love it.

I usually use a 3-card spread and remove any 2 minors from the deck. Then majors and court cards are "yes" and pips are "no." I usually also consider the middle card twice, so that it's possible for there to be a "tie," which means maybe. I got this method from one of Mary Greer's books I think, but she uses reversals instead of majors vs. minors. I don't use reversals, so I adapted it.

I like the idea of assigning yes/no meanings to the individual cards better, though. It gives a whole new dynamic to yes/no...some indication of "why." :)

Biba28

Seafra said:
My gut would be Death as no -- Kill that thought, let that thought die. Would entirely depend on the type of question though. I don't do yes/no but have read for others where I simply use the meaning of the card as the premise for the decision. But hey, like I say I don't do yes/no so Yes I should think about this and No I don't have a finite answer but this looks damned good.

Agree with Death = no. It's a really negative card for me generally.

hopena

I've been using your meanings as my own, when I try yes/no questions, although I tend to forget to make a note of the cards and the result. I might get a small notebook for that. :)

Before I found this thread, last year, I'd asked a question and had two cards fall out, that seemed like they might be a yes: the 9 of cups, and the World. It ended up being a no, though (this is over, forget about it).

amaranta_s

hi, Can any one tell me why queen of pentacles is a No?

sitna

Uhm the queen of pentacles, tough one. It depends on the question I would say. Queen's do make thing real, which would be a yes, but I need to suit the ideas of the pentacles; so steady, slow, realistic.

By the way, I see the wands of 7 as a big yes. Go through the fear and just do it! You'll win the fight.

amaranta_s

sitna said:
Uhm the queen of pentacles, tough one. It depends on the question I would say. Queen's do make thing real, which would be a yes, but I need to suit the ideas of the pentacles; so steady, slow, realistic.

thanks, maybe it says be realistic about the matter of your question and forget about it.

Golden Moon

Sophie said:
Inspired by GoddessArtemis's thread, I thought I'd share my yes/no cards.

I don't often ask tarot yes/no questions - I tend to keep those for Lenormand. But it does happen, and I have programmed my cards to reply yes/no/uncertain.

Fool - Yes - if you take that risk

Magician - Yes, if you use your power

High Priestess - She knows but she's not telling

Empress - Yes

Emperor - Yes

Hierophant - He knows and he'll tell you all in good time

Lovers - Maybe yes, maybe no - you get to choose!

Chariot - Yes

Justice - Evens Stevens

Hermit - No

Wheel - that's anyone's guess

Strength - Yes, but with some effort on your part, working with the other party if there is one

Hanged Man - No

Death - Yes (Dead Certainty)

Temperance - Uncertain: will take some diplomacy

Devil - NO

Tower - NO

Star - Yes, but not immediately - needs time and healing

Moon - NO

Sun - YES

Judgement - NO

World - YES

All the Aces are yes, with varying degrees of speed.

2 of Wands - Uncertain
2 of Cups - Yes
2 of Swords - No
2 of Coins - Uncertain

3 of Wands - Yes
3 of Cups - Yes
3 of Swords - No
3 of Coins - Possible, with some work

4 of Wands - Yes
4 of Cups - No
4 of Swords - No
4 of Coins - No

5 of Wands - No
5 of Cups - No
5 of Swords - No
5 of Coins - No

6 of Wands - Yes
6 of Cups - Yes
6 of Swords - No
6 of Coins - Evens Stevens

7 of Wands - No
7 of Cups - No
7 of Swords - No
7 of Coins - under consideration

8 of Wands - Yes
8 of Cups - No
8 of Swords - No
8 of Coins - maybe, but will require a lot of effort to become a yes

9 of Wands - No and go away (often drawn when you've asked the question too often :D)
9 of Cups - Yes
9 of Swords - No - are you mad?
9 of Coins - Yes

10 of Wands - No
10 of Cups - Yes
10 of Swords - No and no hope
10 of Coins - Yes

All the pages are - too soon to tell
All the Knights are Yes

Queen of Wands - Yes
Queen of Cups - Yes
Queen of Swords - No
Queen of Coins - No

King of Wands - Yes
King of Cups - Maybe
King of Swords - No
King of Coins - Yes

I always try and frame a yes/no question as clearly, and as positively, as I can.

So for instance, if I'm wondering whether the company I contacted the other day will have a positive response, I will ask these kind of questions:

Will I get what I want from Company X?
Do I need to do anything else in order to obtain it?
(if the answer to that is "yes", I would then draw cards in a spread to see what I should do.)

I avoid questions like: Does the fact I've not heard from Company X mean they are not considering me?

It's not perfect, but it works far more often than not. Yes/ No questions act as clarifiers for me, they never replace full spreads to look at the ins and outs of a situation.

Thank you so much for this Sophie, now I don't have to use reversals (not that I ever did, but that's another story):D.