10 of Chalices for physical features

Glass Owl

While doing the spread found in this thread http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=107353
the 10 of Chalices turned up in the first position which is "Physical features about you that he finds attractive."

Would you say that this card (in this context) is about my actual appearance or is it about feelings and how they are linked to how one actually "sees" another person?

balenciaga

I think you determined that it represents the physical, not the emotional. For physical, I think the person sees you as a vision of beauty.

Glass Owl

Thanks for your take on it, balenciaga. I just had a hard time trying to figure out a way to interpret what I see as a very emotional card in terms of physical appearance.

wordwitch

Well, personally I would see it as someone gorgeous - a perfect 10, glamourous...

SekhemNefer

You look like a family member or friend.

Grizabella

When you think of a family, which is what the 10 of Wands depicts in RWS decks usually, what do you think of? I think of women who are ordinary looking, not drop-dead-gorgeous in the sense of a movie star. They have a little weight on. They're not model-thin. They may have had a baby or two. They don't dress in a flashy way usually. Some men think that look in a woman is extremely attractive. Not every man is attracted to the Playboy bunny type. :)

Ambrosia

I think ten of cups, in relation to appearance, would indicate a person who has a very open face. Someone who shows their emotions. Someone with a kind face. That sort of thing. Open, loving, and trusting. I think the way their arms are thrown wide in a lot of decks shows this nicely.

WaterSong

Grizabella said:
When you think of a family, which is what the 10 of Wands depicts in RWS decks usually, what do you think of? I think of women who are ordinary looking, not drop-dead-gorgeous in the sense of a movie star. They have a little weight on. They're not model-thin. They may have had a baby or two. They don't dress in a flashy way usually. Some men think that look in a woman is extremely attractive. Not every man is attracted to the Playboy bunny type. :)

:) I agree with you Grizabella....I had the impression of someone with curves, a full body, soft looking. feminine and that gives out a very welcoming, loving face to the world, as Ambrosia said above too...

Someone "huggable" and with a few pounds extra that just look lovely :)

blackairplane

I would interpret this card for physical appearance, as being a person who is quite physically attractive but approachable. The very pretty girl next door as opposed to a hothouse type of beauty. Mary Ann as opposed to Ginger- to give the Giligans Island example.

wordwitch

Grizabella said:
can't they be both? A perfect 10 is in the eyes of the person yes? beauty is, like everything else, relative.