10 Cups Tower Death

elena_jaymz

Hi guys, lately I did a 7-card spread about my ability to express emotions and feelings in general, but some cards were unclear.

10 Cups should show my main challenge in opening up. I thought it might refer to the fact I don't want to sound too oversentimental in general, that I feel ashamed and sometimes see feelings even as a weakness..

The Tower should show how open others perceive me to be. This one is very strong as well as very unclear.. Do people maybe think I'm too closed in my "own tower" and none can enter?

Death should show where/how I may find it hard to express my feelings in my closest relationships, but again I don't know, maybe it means I'm not able to express my feelings when things/situations change?

Thanks in advance.

Barleywine

The thing that struck me immediately about this combination is that it strongly invokes the Don Henley/Bruce Hornsby song "The End of the Innocence," with lyrics like:

Remember when the days were long
And rolled beneath a deep blue sky
Didn't have a care in the world
With mommy and daddy standing by

When "happily ever after" fails
And we've been poisoned by these fairy tales

In more practical terms, you have three Mars cards here: 10 of Cups is Mars in Pisces, the forceful planet in the rather timid sign; aggressive Mars pure and simple in the Tower, and deep-feeling, Mars-ruled Scorpio in Death. All of this suggests stepping out and away from past limitations in an emphatic, even "larger than life" way, carving out a new emotional mode of expression for yourself.

"How to do this" might be shown by the quint card for these three by themselves. It turns out to be 12, the Hanged Man. I've been seeing the "sacrifice" implied by the Hanged Man as mainly a sacrifice of "time" as we do the inner work necessary to emerge renewed from its state of suspension. Note that the 10 of Cups + the Tower total 26, and all three together total 39, numbers that are multiples of 13 (Death). So you might also consider the progressive nature of the numbers Two (self-containment, self-sufficiency) and Three (expansive outreach). Much food for thought here, and I think it's all right in front of you with these cards.

elena_jaymz

The thing that struck me immediately about this combination is that it strongly invokes the Don Henley/Bruce Hornsby song "The End of the Innocence," with lyrics like:

Remember when the days were long
And rolled beneath a deep blue sky
Didn't have a care in the world
With mommy and daddy standing by

When "happily ever after" fails
And we've been poisoned by these fairy tales

In more practical terms, you have three Mars cards here: 10 of Cups is Mars in Pisces, the forceful planet in the rather timid sign; aggressive Mars pure and simple in the Tower, and deep-feeling, Mars-ruled Scorpio in Death. All of this suggests stepping out and away from past limitations in an emphatic, even "larger than life" way, carving out a new emotional mode of expression for yourself.

"How to do this" might be shown by the quint card for these three by themselves. It turns out to be 12, the Hanged Man. I've been seeing the "sacrifice" implied by the Hanged Man as mainly a sacrifice of "time" as we do the inner work necessary to emerge renewed from its state of suspension. Note that the 10 of Cups + the Tower total 26, and all three together total 39, numbers that are multiples of 13 (Death). So you might also consider the progressive nature of the numbers Two (self-containment, self-sufficiency) and Three (expansive outreach). Much food for thought here, and I think it's all right in front of you with these cards.
Hi Barleywine, your interpretation is great, thank you.

I'm not well up in the cards astrological correspondeces, but all what you've just said doesn't sound odd to me, on the contrary it adds up, I actually feel like I need a "new life" in terms of expressing emotions and opening myself up, the time to change has come.