Travelling decks?

Jesii

Not sure if this is the right forum but going for it anyway!

I'm packing to go home from University for the Christmas Break, and choosing which of my Tarot's to take with me! Now, I have tarot at home (a lot) but there are some decks I like to have with me!

For me, it's the Lunatic Tarot! And the Lo Scarabeo Manga Tarot!

I was wondering, when people go travelling with a limited amount of space, which tarot's do they take with them? this isn't about Favourite tarot's (I love BGS and the Rabbit Tarot), its about the ones that go with you!

Jesii

NikkiB

my pocket glitter baby illuminated Tarot - love it dearly and it goes where i go :)

OctoberGwen

My favorite actually goes with me everywhere, whether I'm travelling or just leaving the house: the BoGo. The other one that stays in my bag and goes where I go is the AnnaK.

emmsma

What decks I use, changes constantly. i don't think I own decks that I wouldn't take with me, anywhere.

On my last trip away, I took about 10 decks. I just had one bag just for them.

I really can't ever remember who came with me, other than the Shadowscapes. :p

Le Fanu

I'm in exactly this dilemma right now! I fly next Thursday and cannot decide what my "tarot package" is going to be. Space isn't an issue as it's tarot decks first and then everything else. :D

However, I have been thinking and I am planning to take;

Kat Black's Golden
Pocket Thoth
Huson's Mystical Origins of the Tarot
Navigators of the Mystic Sea companion book to reread
Paulina?

Not sure what else. These are what's beckoning me right now.

maybe a mini; Trevisan's Renaissance?

Alta

Thought about this myself. Both space and weight are issues as I will be cramming Christmas presents in my clothes. Generally I will just take one deck. Loving Shadowscapes, may go with that, but oddly the Pagan Cats has proven to be so much fun and is a not in-your-face deck for possible readings with a sceptical family that I might take that instead.

Le Fanu

At my parents' house, I have Vol I of the Encyclopaedia of Tarot (left over from teenage years) which is what I sit up reading into the small hours every year when everyone goes to bed so early...

But decks, I have to take my own.

Vesper

Le Fanu said:
I'm in exactly this dilemma right now! I fly next Thursday and cannot decide what my "tarot package" is going to be. Space isn't an issue as it's tarot decks first and then everything else. :D

However, I have been thinking and I am planning to take;

Kat Black's Golden
Pocket Thoth
Huson's Mystical Origins of the Tarot
Navigators of the Mystic Sea companion book to reread
Paulina?

Not sure what else. These are what's beckoning me right now.

maybe a mini; Trevisan's Renaissance?

How many weeks do you plan to be gone??? : )

I must be the only person on this forum or any other who won't take decks on trips. I can't seem to travel without leaving something behind, and I would hate it to be my favorite deck. Umbrellas, earrings and belts I can replace easily enough. OOP decks... not easily enough.

Le Fanu

That was a provisional list (to be added to!) I shall be away a week...

But you never know, there may be delays at the airport! Imagine being stuck in an airport and nothing to read or shuffle!

Vesper

haha, Le Fanu - they have these things called *books*... since the invention of movable type by that gentleman Gutenberg, they no longer cost as much as a house.