WITTY

caridwen

If you do a search you'll find some threads on these cards. They are actually designed by a former Dachau prisoner and architect. I'm not sure if they are meant as Tarot cards but I'm sure they can be used for readings.:)

Zephyros

Yes, this is the Kobe Tarot, and like caridwen said, they were made by a former political prisoner at Allach, a sub-camp of Dachau, both while he was there and after his release. His name is Boris Kobe. Some of them really are witty in a horribly sad, macabre way available only to one who was there. The first time I saw them I looked at them for hours; an amazing achievement and testament to human spirit. Really, they're very moving. Although a set for playing, rather than divination (it is actually a tarock deck) some of the drawings are remarkable interpretations of the meanings of the cards, with the Trumps especially (look at card 15!). A lot can be learned from them, even Tarot-wise.

You can read all about them here as well as see all the cards. They're aren't available for sale, though; they're in the museum. A limited number of sets were made in 2000 for a delegation of educators. I haven't heard of any of those that have turned up on the market, though.

VGimlet

Going with the context the cards were made in they were/are amazing.

Maybe this guys attempt at telling his story, and exorcising his own demons.

SunChariot

People what are your opinions for this:
WITTY, MACABRE PLAYING CARDS COMMENT ON THE FRESH HORRORS OF THE NAZI CONCENTRATION CAMPS

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/...mment_on_the_fresh_horrors_of_the_nazi_concen

Check the link

I am sure it expresses part of life, but I seriously could not read with that deck. It's reakkt hard to even look at. I don't know how you could get them to say anything positive or showing some of those images to the querent after.

Babs