Tree Woman Tarot

La Hierbera

Loving all things botanical, my heart jumped and I gasped when I came accross this deck on etsy https://www.etsy.com/listing/203542...evant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

However, I haven't been able to get a solid 'feel' of how readable it is, based on the online pictures. It's too far out of a comfortable price range for me to buy it to find out, and I don't yet know whether its the Tree woman concept that is attracting me, or the deck itself.

Have any of you worked with this deck? if so, I would greatly appreciate hearing about your thoughts and experiences.

Metafizzypop

I don't know how many people would be familiar with working with this deck. The Etsy page said it was an edition of only 25 copies!

But thanks for finding this. I like this deck a lot. For me the appeal is the trees. I love trees. The price is discouraging for me as well, but it's still fun to see new and exciting decks.

La Hierbera

This shawl is such a perfect match for the deck. http://witchcraft-supplies.com/3Prod/sa1b.jpg

I can already envision myself wearing the shawl, reading these cards under a lush tree canopy, bare toes nestled in the soil.

Perhaps if I leave the page open and sigh loudly and often enough, my partner will gift me the set ;)

Metafizzypop

I could see buying the black and white deck, and using colored markers on it. It's not like the colored-in version is such a complicated job.

The shawl's cute. Very pagan.

La Hierbera

The artist lists 'laminate' as one of the materials used, so I wonder how well it would take to coloring? I've never colored a deck, so I have no idea what materials take what coloring agents. If it's possible, that makes the price easier to bear....no sighing required

Metafizzypop

Hmmmm.... Yeah, lamination could be an issue. Maybe you could contact the artist and ask about the possibilities of coloring the deck (assuming you wanted to do that).

Or you could use it black and white. It doesn't look bad that way.

PathWalker

I have the coloured version of the deck. The art is not as 'bare' in the minors as a Marseille, but you'd have to feel comfortable with very little to go on sometimes.
The laminate is shiny (plasticy) and I don't think you could colour over it. It doesn't bother me as a surface, but I know some folks like to know stuff like that.

Best wishes
Pathwalker

La Hierbera

Thank you PathWalker. Would you consider this a suitable deck for reading for others, or is it better suited for personal use? Do you find the laminate makes it difficult to shuffle?

truelighth

The artist of this deck is Beth Seilonen. She had made a majors only before, called the Tree Woman Arcana. I have that one and also the black & white Tree Woman Tarot. I have a lot of her decks and I find they are quite well made. But I haven't used them for reading. I personally would not colour on the cards themselves. I don't think it will stick very well and it can get messy.