Trifoni della Luna and its variants?

Madrigal

Trionfi della Luna and its variants?

A search yields nothing on these innovative decks. I know there are tons of DM fans here but I'm wondering what folks feel about the above linked decks. I'm leaning towards the blue but I also like the paradoxical. I don't have any Majors-only decks and this would certainly be a bit of an iconoclastic place to start ;)

Madrigal

Thanks, Rhinemaiden. Despite typing in Trifoni della Luna a search yielded nothing, neither within the site nor within the AT google-search function. Which is a bit strange. But anyway the discussion you linked comprises the usual enthusiastic fervor around an upcoming deck but not much mention beyond gorgeous, love it, etc. I'm wondering how it's held up for folks.

Le Fanu

I have the standard one, the first one, and was not much tempted by the others.

It's a beautiful deck - it feels really handmade, nothing artificial or photoshopped, beautifully conceived, nodding to the historic decks. It really is very special. However, as a Majors only, it never gets quite so used as it would be if it were a complete deck although I do sometimes reach for it on the rare occasions I want a Majors only reading.

Rhinemaiden

Madrigal..... I have the Trionfi, English version, and I use it every day because I like the art so much. When I pull a major in my daily 3 card draw from my goto deck, I pull the same card from the Trionfi to compare/contrast the art and for the pure enjoyment of looking at Patrick Valenza's art. Cardstock is superb and will probably outlast the pyramids. ;)

There were bonus cards sent with the Trionfi... I mixed those with Patrick's Whispers from an Inkwell set to create an oracle deck. I pull one card daily and let it tell me a story.

Check this thread to see what Patrick has up his sleeve for publication in July (I can't wait to order it)...

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=235951

Madrigal

Thanks for the replies. I just realized the reason nothing came up for me in a search was because of....spelling :shhh:

LeFanu, your sentiments echo what I imagine might be the case with this deck. It's so lovely and yet there are so many other children to attend to...I'd need to find a Majors-only daily spread that resonated and be intentional about it.

Rhinemaiden, I'm inspired by your creativity with this deck. I did see his other one linked in Oracles but the bird-lover in me...aaagh...though the colors are lovley.

feynrir

Just another "It definitely holds up" experience, here ;) Both in appeal and in durability.

For a time both versions I own, the Paradoxical Blue and the Italian Text, were two of my carry-around-everywhere decks. I keep them in a homemade crocheted bag and would show them off to anyone present at an appropriate time! They always elicit admiration.

The art is so fresh and as a huge fan of Marseille decks, I particularly feel enamored with its organic presentation. The background is a superb parchmenty color, and the bold, but "stamped" reds, blues, and greens make for such a comforting reading experience.

(Obviously the Paradoxical is another animal here, and I quite honestly find it best appreciated alongside a 'traditionally'-colored deck.)

The cardstock is lovely as well. My copies are ever so slightly bowed but highly shufflable without feeling like pure plastic *coughcough*modernRWS*cough*. Can't recommend it enough, if you can't tell!

Madrigal

Just another "It definitely holds up" experience, here ;) Both in appeal and in durability.

For a time both versions I own, the Paradoxical Blue and the Italian Text, were two of my carry-around-everywhere decks. I keep them in a homemade crocheted bag and would show them off to anyone present at an appropriate time! They always elicit admiration.

The art is so fresh and as a huge fan of Marseille decks, I particularly feel enamored with its organic presentation. The background is a superb parchmenty color, and the bold, but "stamped" reds, blues, and greens make for such a comforting reading experience.

(Obviously the Paradoxical is another animal here, and I quite honestly find it best appreciated alongside a 'traditionally'-colored deck.)

Th
e cardstock is lovely as well. My copies are ever so slightly bowed but highly shufflable without feeling like pure plastic *coughcough*modernRWS*cough*. Can't recommend it enough, if you can't tell!

When you say a traditionally colored deck do you mean a Trionfi one or a regular Marseille-type deck?

feynrir

When you say a traditionally colored deck do you mean a Trionfi one or a regular Marseille-type deck?

Ah, sorry there. I do mean a traditionally-colored Trionfi della Luna copy (English or Italian text).

I do think the Paradoxical could work just fine on its own--especially because its negative color scheme is SO DAMN COOL! But I find it easier to distinguish the details of the Paradoxical cards alongside the "traditionally"-colored deck. It's just the way my eyes work, I suppose.

I often deal with one TdL deck, and then after the spread is laid out, I lay the corresponding card of the other deck alongside each one. Patrick depicted this kind of layout on his blog, saying something like "They play together beautifully!" and he couldn't have been more correct :love: It's a unique reading experience.

Madrigal

I do think the Paradoxical could work just fine on its own--especially because its negative color scheme is SO DAMN COOL! But I find it easier to distinguish the details of the Paradoxical cards alongside the "traditionally"-colored deck. It's just the way my eyes work, I suppose.

I often deal with one TdL deck, and then after the spread is laid out, I lay the corresponding card of the other deck alongside each one. Patrick depicted this kind of layout on his blog, saying something like "They play together beautifully!" and he couldn't have been more correct :love: It's a unique reading experience.

Thanks for elaborating. It does sound intriguing, the decks twinning each other in dialogue like that. Hmm, I shall sit with this a while and see what comes.