Travel tarot

Sbcray

Do you have a deck that you keep with you? I've been on a hunt for a pocket /miniature deck but can't find one that calls to me.

illyria

Hi, Sbcray.

I always have a deck with me, though it changes. For now, it's the Smith-Waite Centennial Edition in a tin. Previously, it was any one of the Magic Realist Press minis (i.e. Victorian Romantic, Bohemian Gothic, Baroque Bohemian Cats).

What kind of art calls out to you?

Sbcray

What kind of art calls out to you?

In drawn to all kinds of art. I love things to be colorful or have pops of color. The deck I've had the longest is The Enchanted Tarot and a deck thats art has caught my eye recently is Prisma Visions. They only art I'm not drawn to at all are ones that are very computerized or where the people are really realistic.

I've thought about getting a container for one of my current decks, like a tin, but I would like something smaller.

Sbcray

Wonderful! Thank you!

illyria

You're welcome! I hope it resonates with you.

shadowdancer

yeah, I use my Tarot of Innocence as a travel deck.

It is poker sized and fits in a regular 2oz stash tin. Just fits like a glove

Davina

RiverRunsDeep

I have a pocket sized version of Carol Herzer's Starlight Illuminated Tarot. Her decks can be a little pricey, but the pocket size is manageable. Adorable size, very colorful, and extremely laminated. I like to bring this deck on my frequent trips to the beach, because I know the lamination will stand up to the sand, salt water, and occasional spillage of margaritas. :)

Le Fanu

In my workbag, I have the pocket Morgan Greer in a tin. Not a deck that particularly resonates with me full size but there's something about this one in a tin which I love. I had the PCS Commemorative deck in a tin in my bag for a while, but the MG just sort of took over.

EmpyreanKnight

I have an old and trustworthy Original Rider Waite Tarot deck that I sometimes bring with me when I travel. But yeah, I think it's about high time I got myself pocket editions of at least the RWS and the Thoth. It's a good thing I found a tarot kit that has both.