Trimmed druidcraft, anyone?

Eyebright

Oh Auracana it's gorgeous trimmed!! The images look so amazing and just pop right out of the card.

If only I had the confidence to try trimming mine :(

ann823

They're gorgeous! I'm going to retrim mine and take off the borders. Auracana, what did you use for a corner rounder? I think the one I have is a bit big.

OctoberGwen

Eyebright said:

I used a so-so quality photo trimmer & corner rounder on mine. It doesn't look stellar like these two, but it still looks FAR better than it did originally.

It also bonded me really nicely with the deck. I love my Druidcraft. :heart:

Please believe me, if I can do it - so can you. :)

Cassandra022

word about the difficulty in telling inner border and art apart on some cards

it came out looking really great though - def a really nice trim job on your part. Hope you have some good times with it now :]

strings of life

ann823 said:
They're gorgeous! I'm going to retrim mine and take off the borders. Auracana, what did you use for a corner rounder? I think the one I have is a bit big.
I used this one. It's become my workhorse for corner rounding: Small Angle Eater Corner Punch 5mm. It's only $5 + shipping in the US, but international shipping may not be too much more. This thread that features some great tools: Tarot Trimming Tools-- Rotary Cutter & Corner Rounder.

Eyebright said:
You can do it! It just takes time and you need proper lighting :). I was terrified of doing it the first time and practiced on a deck of cheap playing cards first.

Cassandra022 said:
word about the difficulty in telling inner border and art apart on some cards

it came out looking really great though - def a really nice trim job on your part. Hope you have some good times with it now :]
I had a light overhead and measured as I used my trimmer, which is why it came out perfect. I wanted no border whatsoever!

stargazer

It looks wonderful! Great job!

The deck is so much more without the boarders IMO.

I did the same with the Sweet Twilight too .. I just hated it with the titles and never used it at all!

... that reminds me, I must post some pics of that one in the trimmed deck thread ..

Eyebright the DC was the fist deck I ever trimmed and I was so scared that I'd mess it up I almost talked myself out of it!
Practice on an old greeting card before you start just so as you get the feel for cutting card .. I've never regretted trimming any of my decks.

Good luck :D

BodhiSeed

I always liked the Druidcraft, but after I trimmed mine down to the pictures I loved it.:D Great trimming job Aurarcanna!

Shalyn

aurarcana said:
It's trimmed, and like many mentioned, an entirely different deck now. Wow.

I trimmed off all of the borders and the titles. This was actually my hardest trimming project since the inner border is close in hue to some of the images, but it ended up being my best trimming job.

I'm quite smitten with the deck now. To think it was traded away and one that I almost missed out on. It's like a being given a second chance.

The photo is taken at an angle so some due to the annoying camera flash; all of the cards are the same exact size :).

Wow.

If it had looked like that , I probably would have kept it!

Great job! and enjoy!

...I might have to trim a deck or two now...

Cassandra022

Shalyn said:
Wow.

If it had looked like that , I probably would have kept it!

Great job! and enjoy!

...I might have to trim a deck or two now...

*cackles* yeesss, come, join us, jooiiinnn ussss ;]