help, please!...reworking PC meanings...

Joermit

Hello, all!

I've been in the process of reworking my playing card meanings... I was quite comfortable reading with them in the hodgepodge system I had... a lil tarot here, some numerology there, astrology and card nuances, etc... it worked! but as I am currently in the process of creating a website that will teach various systems of divination, I realized that I couldn't quite explain nor provide instruction as to how I read them... so now... I'm starting over per se... basically... I'd like to get some input from you all on current methods of playing card divination... two of the big systems are the hedgewytchery and personal prophecy... then there are those who use pcs as a concise tarot... others who have the astrology slant... so... what's worked for you?? who likes hedgewytchery.. who PP... what are the pros and cons of these systems... I know my systems will focus on reading in pairs in larger spreads, as this is how I read now, instead of the ever so popular trios... I've considered going with a friend of mine's meanings who's read pcs for years... thought I'd open it up to you... I like hedgewytchery's straightfoward system... but there are some things with the system (red cards good, black bad... the 5s... etc. that just didn't work for me) PP doesn't have enough of a a form for me... traditional meanings don't so much as well... I take a fairly positive and spiritual stance in my readings and would like to get that across... so I've thought of doing my own based in numerology... but I don't want to seem to be ripping off the Hedgewytchery system... so I just dunno what to do...lol... any insights would be great!! thanks!

Joey

Mystic Leo

Hi Joey,

Good luck with the reworking of your playing card meanings.........I shall watch this space........!

As you know I have become interested in reading the playing cards and using the PP system. I think its not bad, but keep thinking there has to be more.
From what I have seen of the book I dont think that is going to give me the extra help, or knowledge that I would like.

Have also looked at Hedgewytchery, as well as a few other sites and methods...........dont know, its almost as if I like parts of each, and things I just dont like about each, just cant get fully into one system.

So anyway, I hope you do well with your website and can devise a good system that will take a lot of people's interest.......especially mine! lol :laugh:

poivre

I understand what you mean. I'm at the same place with the cards.
The hodgepodge system for me also. :laugh: It works but...

I like both other systems but I feel more grounded trying
to read with the Hedgewytchery system. Started out trying
to learn this after just using the Tarot meanings for the cards.
Then went to adding everything, now... :confused:

Have no ides what I'm going to do but whatever it is, I know
for sure it has to be a system then the hodgepodge will
add more depth to the readings. Maybe I just need a break
and then start fresh the first of the year.

Thanks for the thread &
Good Luck,
ros
:)

celticnoodle

Joey, I too, will be looking forward to your site. I do like reading with playing cards also, and I too have accessed the hedgewytchery website. Some of things from their site that I don't necessarily agree with are
1. red cards are good cards, and black cards are bad cards.
2. Like you, I'm not real comfortable with the number five meanings and number seven. (they feel five is the body, its health & stead, and sevens brings troubles).
3. the number ten is the end is another one I do not agree with always.

those are only a few off the top of my head that I can think of. however, the site does offer a lot that I do like & use.

I have 'adopted' a variety of meanings from a variety of sources of late. i'm still working through that to see if these particular meanings work for me. I'm always looking for a new idea to try and have picked up alot of information here on A.T.

one thing I hope you don't stress is that 'this card is always a bad/good card'. I don't think this is true for any card really. i believe all of the cards have a good side and a bad side to it, it just depends on how it is played in the spread you use and for the reading you are doing. however, this is just my take on using playing cards, (and any type of cards for readings), and i could be wrong. I do look forward to your new site! good luck.

Joermit

Thanks, all for the comments!

I really appreciate your insights... basically, my goal is to try and figure out how to make playing cards viable as a true sorce of divination, as opposed to the views that it's only good as a fortune-telling tool to make predictions... I know the cards have a very spiritually enlightening side... I want a simple, straight-forward system can easily be learned and used in a way that tarot can... for exploration, brainstorming, insights, etc... as opposed to purely predictive means... I think Hedgewytchery and PP are great, they just don't work for me... and I want to try and break away from tarot associations... which is tricky as tarot utilized numerology as well (something I truly learned to appreciate once I started working with pcs)... I want something positive, uplifting, and affirming and this is why Hedgewytchery gets tricky with a few things... but I do know I have learned lots from that site... and PP seems awesome too, it just doesn't have a structure to it that I can relate to... so... hopefully, I'll come up with a happy medium! the site will also cover tarot and lithomancy (divination with stones/crystals) and is currently in the design process... I'm having it professionally done as it will be an avenue for future projects of mine.... so... any ideas that any of you can offer on what does work for you... and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! maybe we can come up with something all together! lol... I want my website to be a wonderful learning tool... and I will link to all methods that I know of... for, what doesn't work for me.. may well work for someone else... thanks for the input... I appreciate it! take care...

Joey