The WildWood Tarot - Stand Alone/Individual Deck/Positive Reviews

Lady Iron Side

I've decide to start an all together different thread for the WildWood Tarot as an individual stand alone deck. This thread is not for comparing with the Greenwood or the Druid craft. This thread is for the Wildwood ONLY. As well as lets talk about the Positvive aspects of this deck and what it bring to you, the good qualities.

NOTE if you haven't got anything nice, good, postive thing to say about this deck please make your post in the other thread with all the rest of the negative comments. I read all 80 pages of that thread and 80% of it is nothing but negativity, and comparing with the other decks. Lets keep this thread just for the Wildwood alone please.

This Deck had a magical way of appear into my life when I was looking for a shamian, even on the day when I asked my neighbor if she knew of one (she is heavelly spiritual - Native beliefs ) She told me I could talk with a few people at the ******House or her Chief. that afternoon wala as I was traveling around town going from one book store to another and guess what there was only 1 in the store. I had just lost my dad, and was hurting, feeling lost, needed comfort, the grieving process, right down to anger. The first card I pulled from the deck was the 7 of Cups _ MOURNING, after I read what was written in the book, I broke down and cried whole heartedly, This card sent powerful message to not only did I alow myself to feel deeply the pain of my loss, it reached into the resesses of my happy memories with my dad, The Queen of Cups came up in my actual first reading SALMON, my dad and I would go Salmon fishing every weekend when I was a kid, we would spend hrs from sunrise to sunset in the boat on the ocean, he would buy me lots of candy and junk food for the day lol, as you can see already thespiritual healing has begun. for it is helping me to cope with the loss of my dad filling me with positive feeling, not regrets.

Edit: I really like how the deck was artistic drawn up, the style, and medium used, I have much respect for wills work, he takes risks like the fool and experiments with different artistic styles, and his art is actually improving he is gaining more skill and experience.

This deck takes me to places of back in time where I was most happiest, the 50 acre farm, with extremely large ponds with all sort of ducks, swans, geese, woodducks etc. and the herd of 30 + black majestic horses with their foals in toe galloping across the fields, what a powerfull sight, the calm and tranquillity peace, enjoyment I alsways felt when I would walk the 50 acres of land, the trees, the flower gardens, the birds, and the chickens. this place always balanced me, it was home. I currently live in the city, honestly I hate it with a passion, the husle and busle, the noise, hearing your neighbor fights, not having any privacy, have to close your blinds, lock your doors, feelings of no security/unsafe, fears, surrounded by people that only care about them selves, not like the farm life where your neighbor will help you when in need, its a total different life style. the farm is home, this deck takes me home even for a short moment of memories.

hunter

I'd love to hear more about the wheel of the year, and what you like about animals as courts.

Melia

First, sorry for the loss of your father Lady Iron Side.

The Wildwood speaks honestly but it does have a way of filling one with 'positive' feelings rather than regrets or negativity (as you say). This is what I really like about this deck.

hunter

Considering the whole wheel of the year focus, is there an optimal time that would be best to start working with the deck? Does the wheel of the year start at Samhain, in this deck?

I was thinking it might be fun to purchase the deck, but not let myself open it till a significant or optimal day arrives.

Does the deck have any moon focus? There is no mention of the zodiac, right?

If I were to buy the deck and not open it, are there any wheel of the year or other resources that I could read that would prepare me to better understand and use the deck, when I finally opened it?

Cerulean

Reviews / interview with Mark Ryan/ Wheel of Life ideas

1. Interview with Mark Ryan
http://www.assignmentx.com/2011/exclusive-interview-mark-ryan-on-the-wildwood-tarot-cards-and-book/

2.Some related postings about the Wildwood Tarot that you can reearch
http://thewildwoodtarot.com/#/mark-ryan/4554006887

3. Wheel of Life and Wildwood Tarot
http://sleeping-gypsy.com/wordpress/2011/07/12/wildwood-tarot-and-game-of-thrones/

I think the above three might assist.

If I were waiting for a 'naturally Wheel of the Year moment", I would say that right before the Equinoxes or a Soltice or a New Moon so that you can read a little bit, then do a reading on one of the "Wheel of the Year" significant times. The idea of a New Moon is just doing something new as the moon is full. There is no hard or fast rule, it is just a feeling that works for me--but any lunar cycle suggestion is just a thought--really, your own feeling/anticipation will be as good a guide as any. There is a link below -- September 23rd would be the soonest Equinox. New Moon is this weekend, so might be too soon?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solstice

Best wishes with using this deck for heart-filled times... hope the above helps the positive vibes you want for this thread.

Cerulean

Lady Iron Side

Thanks very much for the links, I know what I being in the next few days.. he he. and yes this Wildwood thread needed your positive energy. :)

I spent the eveing with the courts, and I like every 16 cards, there was not one that I didn't like. Then I took some time and looked through the rest of the deck. I sooo totally surprised myself, I luv all the cards, I tried so hard to find one that I wouldn't like, but nopers, I like them all. so lucky me officially owns a deck that likes every 78 cards woho. I came pretty close with the vikings tarot, just had an issue with the hanged man and one other card in that deck, anyways back to the wildwood.

Emily

I've never really took much notice of this deck but seeing the posts interested me. There is a really nice video up on YouTube, shows many of the cards. I didn't realise that all the Courts are animals, I find that really refreshing. I managed to catch a glimpse of the Moon card, it's one of the cards I have to like - and I do like this one.

I have been seriously enabled, I think the Wildwood would be an interesting and challenging deck to use and to get to know. But it is going to have to go on my wish list, for the moment, because I'm in a 'No deck buying' period ( for now).

But thank you for bringing this deck to my notice. :)

Melia

Here you go Lady Iron Side:

The courts assigned within the ‘Wheel of the Year’, and as they fall within the zodiac wheel.

*** ARROWS (air) - 1 February (Imbolc) --- Spring Equinox 21 March --- to 30 April
*** BOWS (fire) - 1 May (Beltane) --- Midsummer Solstice 21 June --- to 31 July
*** VESSELS (water) - 1 August (Lammas) --- Autumn Equinox 21 September --- to 31 October
*** STONES (earth) – 1 November (Samhain) ---Midwinter solstice 21 December --- to 31 January

ARROWS (air): 1 February to 30 April
King of Arrows (kingfisher) – Departing Imbolc and moving towards the Spring Equinox – 1 February to 22 February
Queen of Arrows (swan) – Entering the Spring Equinox – 23 February to 16 March
Knight of Arrows (hawk) – Departing the Spring Equinox – 17 March to 7 April
Page of Arrows (wren) – Moving from the Spring Equinox towards Beltane – 8 April to 30 April

BOWS (fire): 1 May to 31 July
King of Bows (adder) – Moving away from Beltane – 1 May to 23 May
Queen of Bows (hare) – Moving towards Midsummer – 24 May to 15 June
Knight of Bows (fox) – Passing through Midsummer – 16 June to 8 July
Page of Bows (stoat) – Moving away from Midsummer towards Lammas – 9 July to 31 July

VESSELS (water): 1 August to 31 October
King of Vessels (heron) – Departing from Lammas – 1 August to 23 August
Queen of Vessels (salmon) – Approaching the Autumn Equinox – 24 August to 15 September
Knight of Vessels (eel) – Passing through the Autumn Equinox – 16 September to 8 October
Page of Vessels (otter) – Approaching the season of Samhain – 9 October to 31 October

STONES (earth): 1 November to 31 January
King of Stones (wolf) - Departing from Samhain - 1 November to 23 November
Queen of Stones (bear) - Approaching Midwinter - 24 November to 15 December
Knight of Stones (horse) - Passing through Midwinter - 16 December to 7 January
Page of Stones (lynx) - Departing Midwinter, moving towards Imbolc – 8 January to 31 January

ZODIAC WHEEL:
AQUARIUS – January 20 to February 18: Page of Stones (lynx), King of Arrows (kingfisher),
PISCES – February 19 to March 20: King of Arrows (kingfisher), Queen of Arrows (swan), Knight of Arrows (hawk)
ARIES – March 21 to April 19: Knight of Arrows (hawk), Page of Arrows (wren)

TAURUS– April 20 to May 20: Page of Arrows (wren), King of Bows (adder)
GEMINI – May 21 to June 20: King of Bows (adder), Queen of Bows (hare), Knight of Bows (fox)
CANCER – June 21 to July 22: Knight of Bows (fox), Page of Bows (stoat)

LEO – July 23 to August 22: Page of Bows (stoat), King of Vessels (heron)
VIRGO - August 23 to September 22: King of Vessels (heron) - cusp 23 Aug, Queen of Vessels (salmon), Knight of Vessels (eel)
LIBRA – September 23 to October 22: Knight of Vessels (eel), Page of Vessels (otter)

SCORPIO - October 23 to November 21: Page of Vessels (otter), King of Stones (wolf)
SAGITTARIUS - November 22 to December 21: King of Stones (wolf) - cusp 22/23 Nov, Queen of Stones (bear), Knight of Stones (horse)
CAPRICORN – December 22 to January 19: Knight of Stones (horse), Page of Stones (lynx)

Placing this info into chart form would make it easier to read (task for another day).
If there are any errors that you can see, please let me know so I can make the correction. I hope this is of some use to you and others.

hunter

Thanks Melia and Cerulean!

Lady Iron Side

Thank you Melia. I appreciate you take your time in Matching up the Zodia, Wheel of the year, courts.