Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

"A Wicked Pack of Cards..."

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Papa Toad

Major Tom 
Papa Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafra
I've been called a Devil worshipper a few times when I've read in public. I flash those people a peace sign and a smile.
Did you hear about the dyslexic Devil worshipper? He sold his soul to Santa.

Other than telling that joke, I do basically the same.

In England a peace sign means the same thing as an extended middle finger in America.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #11
Resident

cato 
Resident

Hide the cards

I grew up with such stuff. My mother was a card reader, fortune teller.
When we were reading the cards, just an ordinary deck of cards and someone knocked on the door my mother used to quickly gather up the cards and hide them under her chair. Of course this was a long time ago back in the 70's. I guess things haven't changed much. Pity.
I don't hide my craft like my mother did. I am proud of what I do and I don't much mind what people think of it or me..
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #12
keeper of the toaster

firemaiden 
keeper of the toaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Tom
Firemaiden - Mary Greer views those from the scientific view to be believers with a stong 'mechanistic world view'.
Mary Greer and I might need to have a talk...those sound like the fighting words of creationists. I guess it depends on the context. I'm very very wary of anything smacking of anti-science because it's the political tactic of the religious right, which I am SURE is not where Mary is coming from.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #13
Resident

brightbrook 
Resident

One thing that I've done is read and research the work of Carl Jung, who was a respected psychologist and worked extensively with the Tarot, even designing his own deck. There is a lot of academic work out there in the "rational" world that delves into using tools to access the intuitive, subconsious self, which is what Tarot does. I don't necessarily tell people this, but knowing it myself gives me confidence. I feel I am in good company with wise women, gyspies, witches . . . and PhDs.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #14
Resident

SuperBall 
Resident

Hear, hear. Nobody that I talk to can accept that the Tarot is a psychological tool to access and understand synchronicities. Everybody watches too much t.v.

I had to explain to a (very kind and polite) fundamentalist Christian today that there really isn't anything spiritual about it. The cards fall and I interpret out of a book. No demon necessary, void where prohibited.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #15

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.