"Excuse me...but...are those Tarot cards?"

lunakasha

Yes....I just discovered Umbrae's threads today....and there is so much valuable advice from a wise *old* soul, LOL!!! (kidding!!!) }) Seriously, Umbrae is such a talented (and humorous) writer....WHY is he not published already???

I have also enjoyed this thread, terri....it is inspiring to hear from people who have ventured "out of the tarot closet" as you said, and to get some perspective from people doing live, face-to-face readings. I have done a few, but no paid readings yet for complete strangers....hopefully someday I will gather the courage to JUST DO IT!

Thanks....keep it coming, I love hearing all the details!

:) Luna

Annabelle

Just a quick follow-up to the post I made on the first page of this thread, a couple of weeks ago (about planning to try doing on-the-fly readings for strangers on a long train trip).

As it turns out, the train was 4 hours late (plus, we were stuck at the station with an entire little league baseball team!!) when we were headed up to Illinois, and 2 hours late when we were headed home. That meant that both times, it was late in the evening when I got on the train and I was too upset and tired and hungry to think about tarot reading!

One of these days, though, I'll have enough free time and enough courage to just head over to the more liberal and laid-back coffee shop in the area with a deck of cards and see what happens . . .

tmgrl2

Annabelle4 said:
Just a quick follow-up to the post I made on the first page of this thread, a couple of weeks ago (about planning to try doing on-the-fly readings for strangers on a long train trip).

As it turns out, the train was 4 hours late (plus, we were stuck at the station with an entire little league baseball team!!) when we were headed up to Illinois, and 2 hours late when we were headed home. That meant that both times, it was late in the evening when I got on the train and I was too upset and tired and hungry to think about tarot reading!

One of these days, though, I'll have enough free time and enough courage to just head over to the more liberal and laid-back coffee shop in the area with a deck of cards and see what happens . . .

Sometimes, even at a time like this....if you bring out a deck, shuffle and pull one or two cards for yourself...it's generates some interest. But, of course, if you are tired and hungry...that may not be the best time, should you get someone who is challenging ....the ones who deserve Umbrae's "hairy-eyeball."

I was in Starbucks Monday meeting a friend, and she said, "Do you have your cards with you?"

Mais oui...I always carry a deck.

So, I checked with the manager to make sure they knew I was reading for a friend and not looking for business or working there...but still, that's how interest gets stirred up a bit.

terri

It was funny that I had just posted in a PM that I hadn't done any readings in the past few weeks. The Universe listens, I believe and sets what we need in front of us.

Elven

AAAhaaa terri! I was looking for this thread! This is the one! Thanks for the thread. When I posted this I was at the same coffee shop!! Just reminising!!

Blessings
Elven x