I use Thoth Tarot, and ...

I use Thoth Tarot ...

• and I use it only because of Lady Frieda Harris's artwork.

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • but I've only read one, if any, of Crowley's writings, and I don't plan to read more.

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • I've read 2 or 3 of Crowley's writings, but I don't think I need to read more to use the deck.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • I've read many of Crowley's writings. I think it's necessary to read at least some to use the deck.

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • I've read all of Crowley's writings. It's necessary to read all of his writings to use the deck.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

thorhammer

firemaiden said:
\ I love the book of Thoth. Not all of it, you understand, but I love Crowely's mischievous, exuberant use of language. He is a surrealist poet of the first order. Still, to take his ideas seriously would be madness, as he himself would have probably said --- hahahah.
I agree with you, firemaiden. No doubt I miss a lot of his mischief, but a lot of it I get, too, and his humour and his derision regarding others, which is just funny to me. I'm enjoying the book, tho it frustrates me at times :)

\m/ Kat

Formicida

I'm coming to the poll a bit late, but I'm a "none of the above" anyway. My take on it is similar to Kat's:

thorhammer said:
I'm just starting with the Thoth, and intend, at this stage, to read as much about it as I can get my hands on, whether it be Crowley, DuQette, Banzhaf or other. This is only because I want to have a certain grounding in the deck, and I by no means think that there's a right or a wrong way to go about it. Just for me, I'd think I was "copping out" if I threw out all the work that's been put into it and *just* read it intuitively. I think there's more to it than that.

I've been at the Thoth more or less seriously for a couple of years now (!) and have read the Book of Thoth, as well as DuQuette and (knowing the caveats) Arrien. I've also read bits and pieces of a few of Crowley's other works. My opinion is that it can't hurt my understanding and appreciation of the deck to read as much that he wrote as I possibly can.

So: I've read just one book all the way through, but I intend to read more. And because I haven't read all that much, I still consider myself very much a Thoth beginner.