Vibrating God Names

Always Wondering

I have been thinking about this every since I came across some audios of Israel Regardie vibrating the god names of the LBRP. I was a little surprised it didn't sound very intense.

Quite a while ago I listened to some monks doing their vibrations and it was a very deep and almost mechanical sound.
Personally I am still working on pronunciation which is about as troubled as my spelling and math. :laugh: But there is a little more confidence with my vibration as I learn, which I suppose, is the point. Practice, practice, practice.

The Star Ruby is a whole different story. Lots of pronouncing to learn and I am more or less still just listening and learning those. I do wonder, if one is supposed to exhaust themselves vibrating in the Star Ruby, how does that work in with the rest of one's day?

I think my horses actually got it down. I can hear their whole bodies vibrate in their sound. But I am not horse. I just don't really know what quite to expect from myself in the way of a goal.

AW

rif

Always Wondering said:
I have been thinking about this every since I came across some audios of Israel Regardie vibrating the god names of the LBRP. I was a little surprised it didn't sound very intense.
Quite a while ago I listened to some monks doing their vibrations and it was a very deep and almost mechanical sound.

Those audios sound somewhat thin in general IMO, so that may factor in. And I imagine monks as almost singing; like a Gregorian chant, which is quite resonant.

The Star Ruby is a whole different story. Lots of pronouncing to learn and I am more or less still just listening and learning those. I do wonder, if one is supposed to exhaust themselves vibrating in the Star Ruby, how does that work in with the rest of one's day?

No experience there, but I personally wouldn't expect to feel physically drained. But I'm not an expert. You might get some better guidance from a dedicated forum or e-group on that.

I think my horses actually got it down. I can hear their whole bodies vibrate in their sound. But I am not horse. I just don't really know what quite to expect from myself in the way of a goal.

Are you sure you're not a horse, just messing with us? :D

Ahem...

Can you imagine us all invoking HRU before every reading, optionally with sonorous invocations? :)

Does anyone do that invocation before reading? Or use standard GD opening rituals, a la LBRP, before sitting down to the cards?

I do not.

Alta

I have been doing this twice daily for close to 7 years now and I would say that only in the past year have I felt as if I finally had the 'feel' of it. And what's worse, I would have no idea how to explain it to someone else. With me it was just trial after trial, doing the rituals regardless but varying the intonation method. It isn't at all tiring in fact it makes me feel as if things are flowing through me, if anything it is a slight energy lift.

Grigori

rif said:
Does anyone do that invocation before reading? Or use standard GD opening rituals, a la LBRP, before sitting down to the cards?

I've done the invocation, thought not for each read, just once for a couple of special decks when first starting to use them. Sometimes I do a LBRP before a reading, usually when I'm very very serious about the answer, or really worked up and trying to get a bit of peace or distance before the reading.

I don't know if you should feel tired from the rituals or not. I know Crowley has said that if your vibrating a god name correctly and projecting you will feel a bit drained. I try to focus not on feeling drained, but on feeling that I put full effort into what I was doing.

Always Wondering said:

Maybe it didn't sound very intense to the microphone, but Regardie might tell a different story. The vibration always seems more internal than external to me, even a small sound that someone else in the room would struggle to hear can really bounce around your head. I'm not much good as experiencing the vibration in areas other then my head and chest, maybe too many singing lessons are holding me back eh? :D

thorhammer

What is LBRP?

\m/ Kat

rif

similia said:
I've done the invocation, thought not for each read, just once for a couple of special decks when first starting to use them. Sometimes I do a LBRP before a reading, usually when I'm very very serious about the answer, or really worked up and trying to get a bit of peace or distance before the reading.

Hmm. That's the reason for all the involved routine to do OOTK, or so I understand: it makes sure you are serious about the answer you're seeking, plus it puts you into the right mindset for divination. As well as giving you a chance to focus on the question. For me, taking the cards out of the box (they are always "capped" between two end cards) and shuffling is sufficient routine for me. I'm not sure how my s.o. would feel if I started doing LBRPs every time I whipped out my deck....

similia said:
Maybe it didn't sound very intense to the microphone, but Regardie might tell a different story. The vibration always seems more internal than external to me, even a small sound that someone else in the room would struggle to hear can really bounce around your head.

That is what I understand the goal is, so it sounds great to me! :) Honestly, I've done most of my vibrations mentally, due to my living quarters. I know some purists frown on that, but as long as I put in the feelings, I figure it works for me.

similia said:
I'm not much good as experiencing the vibration in areas other then my head and chest, maybe too many singing lessons are holding me back eh? :D

All this, and he sings, too. :D

thorhammer

Thankyou, G. :) Sometimes the anagrams are somewhat . . . obscure . . . to those of us not in the know ;)

\m/ Kat

Grigori

rif said:
I'm not sure how my s.o. would feel if I started doing LBRPs every time I whipped out my deck....

:D That is the benefit of the quiet voice I guess, though I've just trained my SO that when the door to my little space is closed, its better to stay away ;) I've done a ritual in my imagination a couple of times in public places for the same reason.

Honestly, I've done most of my vibrations mentally, due to my living quarters. I know some purists frown on that, but as long as I put in the feelings, I figure it works for me.

I think so too. Kraig refers to this as the Great Voice, silent to your neighbours, but loud from the inside. I'm sure its better than someone who has the luxury of being loud, but is only being loud.

All this, and he sings, too. :D

I didn't say I sing, I said I had lessons. In hindsight I might have invested my money better elsewhere :laugh:

rif

thorhammer said:
Thankyou, G. :) Sometimes the anagrams are somewhat . . . obscure . . . to those of us not in the know ;)

\m/ Kat

Good point.

So I will clarify, in case anyone comes in here and doesn't know, that OOTK is Opening of the Key, a Golden Dawn-created tarot spread. Jokingly called the "all-day method" because the full form is involved.

I've noticed that OOTK isn't discussed very much as a way to read tarot, not even in various GD forums and groups. I guess it's not very popular.