Return of the Thoth to the West

ravenest

Grigori said:
Maybe the extra few dollars will help the OTO publish more of Crowley's work rather than fund the creation of a "Cats and Puppies hugging Bunnnies" deck to make more dollars for USG.

My beef is that the OTO is too focused on publishing! :D .
All that corporate stuff is a bit beyond me - however;

Compare Liber Abba to Symmonds Book IV. (or the annoted Motta versions of stuff - OMG!)
Sooo happy when the Fuller full color art prints were published.
What do you want them to do? Charge $500 per book?

I, for one am happy that someone is publishing good books from A.C. without pandering to the common public moronity. But perhaps some would rather read about 'sexy' vampires?

Cant wait for the Huggy Bunny court action against Grigori though :)

rif

ravenest said:
My beef is that the OTO is too focused on publishing! :D

Are they? A couple of years ago, some former OTO members were publically criticizing the OTO and its leadership, for allowing the OTO to become something of a social organization. In particular, there was criticism that the OTO was letting Crowley's works go out of print. *shrug*

archer1

I have been told and that the O.T.O will be putting out a newer deck with its own revisions....not sure as to when however...

Storm82

does anyone know where in europe I can buy the american Thoth tarot (isbn: 0-88079-308-2) ?

gregory

Not off hand; but the Muller one is just the same except for the box. Even printed in the same factory. You can get them from Tarotchest.co.uk.

Storm82

so no 3 magus in the new printing ?

gregory

Goodness. That's a thought.

*dashes off and checks USG site*

It looks as though there are 3 magus cards only in the small version (even the premier says it is a "small deck with the three magus cards" - that's the purple box one.. But that does mean they are available.

Alida usually stocks USG decks. So does tarotchest - and they have that listed (out of stock, of course) - but again - it is the smaller size.

Storm82

Im looking for the 3-magus version (usg). if anyone know where I can find this deck in europe, please PLEASE send me a message :)

gregory

Go to tarotchest.co.uk and ask them to tell you when it is back in stock. They do show it listed - it's the premium you want - but it ISN'T the big cards.