Return of the Thoth to the West

thorhammer

Le Fanu said:
You can never have too many Thoths.
Word.

I'm happily reuniting with my trimmed one :) It's so worn! The only deck I have that's more banged up is my Wheel of Change - and that's coz the cardstock isn't as good on that one.

I think I have four Thoths but about ten have passed through my hands over the last couple of years :p

\m/ Kat

nicky

LucyInTheSky said:
Yay! I got my Thoth today in the mail. I've been reading tarot for about 4-5 months now and I finally brought myself to get one. I've been eyeing it since the beginning, that's for sure! For anybody who is thinking of ordering, I got mine from The Tarot Garden. I ordered on Monday and received it today. I got the purple box and it has the extra Magus cards. The cardstock is pretty nice, the colors look good. Now I just need to buy a book to go w/ it b/c I am clueless when it comes to this deck lol.

The Book of Thoth by AC is of course the one to have...if that seems a bit over the top then the next best thing (IMHO) is DuQuette's Understanding The Thoth Tarot.

Congrats on getting your Thoth!

KafkasGhost

Le Fanu said:
Plus the large one trimmed is always a great option.

Then you need a pocket one to complete the set :D

This is **exactly** what's on my mind!
I absolutely love this deck and am amazed at how I was so resistant to it before. wtf was I thinking?! :laugh:

gregory

thorhammer said:
Word.

I'm happily reuniting with my trimmed one :) It's so worn! The only deck I have that's more banged up is my Wheel of Change - and that's coz the cardstock isn't as good on that one.

I think I have four Thoths but about ten have passed through my hands over the last couple of years :p

\m/ Kat
I'm not sure how many I have any more..... I don't list the extras ! (as in three greenies, one startlingly so but with two cards missing - that sort of thing !)

Le Fanu

nicky said:
The Book of Thoth by AC is of course the one to have...if that seems a bit over the top then the next best thing (IMHO) is DuQuette's Understanding The Thoth Tarot.
Weirdly - after being so intimidated by the obligation to read Crowley's Book of Thoth - I decided to buy it and read it and didn't find it as unfathomable as I expected!

I actually found it - get this! - USEFUL! :D

Professor X

Once I finally get my Thoth I may not read regularly with another deck for years.

When I first saw the Thoth I thought the art work was bizzare.

I now realize that those thoughts was just a intimation of the what type of wisdom the deck would offer. I love the Liber T and I know I will love the Thoth as well.

teomat

KafkasGhost said:
Congratulations! :thumbsup:
In lieu of a book for now, you can start here or here just to get a feel for your cards.
Wow! Thanks for mentioning those sites KafkasGhost. I'm tentatively dipping a toe back into Thothy waters at the moment, and those sites seem really helpful.

KafkasGhost

teomat said:
Wow! Thanks for mentioning those sites KafkasGhost. I'm tentatively dipping a toe back into Thothy waters at the moment, and those sites seem really helpful.

You're very welcome. To me, they make Thoth *very* accessible, which is good for one who was previously so intimidated by it (and now that I have the deck, I don't know why I was so intimidated by it in the first place!).
I see the light!!! :D

nicky

Le Fanu said:
Weirdly - after being so intimidated by the obligation to read Crowley's Book of Thoth - I decided to buy it and read it and didn't find it as unfathomable as I expected!

I actually found it - get this! - USEFUL! :D

I fell in love with AC reading it :)