Samuel Taylor Coleridge and the magic of Goetia?

ravenest

Yes, that sounds sensible, but also the best way to learn is by experience. Some of these types of rituals can be done in segments, eg. production and consecration of weapons and various tools.

Also have a look at crowleys circle with the Tree of Life arranged as a Tau. (Which can also be used for Liber Yod). This is a great version of a suitable circle. One can safely begin working by making these tiles and painting them, observing the color relationships, but when you actually start to mix the paints and DO it a whole new level of understanding emerges.

Grigori

I found this in Crowley's MOONCHILD novel and had a little giggle of delight (quietly so as to not freak out the poor person sitting next to me on the plane at the time :D )

Crowley said:
The genius who wrote The Ancient Mariner is no less sublime than he who wrote The Tempest; But Coleridge had some incapacity to catch and express the thoughts of his genius - was ever such wooden stuff as his conscious work? - while Shakespeare had the knack of acquiring the knowledge necessary to the expression of every conceivable harmony, and his technique was sufficiently fluent to transcribe with ease.

Doesn't say anything about a relationship between the poetry of Coleridge and Magick, but it was fun to find. (Of course is says rather alot about Crowley as a poetry critic but I'll not get into that :D )

Aeon418

similia said:
I found this in Crowley's MOONCHILD novel and had a little giggle of delight
Ahhh........MOONCHILD! :) It's been ages since I last read that book. Definitely Crowley's best novel. I think half the fun is in trying to work out who's who? All the characters are based on people Crowley knew in real life.

Arthwaite.....:D hee hee

Grigori

ravenest said:
if you want to check out the record of the working (got some photos of it too) let me know, and we can try and work something out.

Similia said:
Thanks Ravenest. You sound about a year of study ahead of my ability to even follow what is going on superficially, but give me a little while to get the definitions under my belt, and you can expect to hear more questions from me :thumbsup: It would be great to discuss the specifics with someone with real experience.

Well its just about exactly a year later (well, I'm a few days late, I must have dilly dallied for a while ;) ) and if the offers still good I'd like to take you up on this. Perhaps this is something we could take a look at. I'm studying evocation at the moment, and recently found a highly recommended DVD recording of a Goetic evocation. It would be great to bounce to topic around a bit.

ravenest

The record is hard copy, PM me to follow up on that, some pics were posted in the 'magical rituals' thread (post 37?)

Where is the recording from? I have heard a v.old dodgey AC one (on wax rollers) and a casette tape one - OHO of OTO and Sr. Chen (now defunct) of Kali Lodge, Louisianna (also defunct I think).

I also have a paper ready; Heaven and Hell - a psycho-magical examination of demonic and angelic possession ... I was gonna post here but its v. long. But possibly essential reading for moden 'Goeticans'.

Anything else ... fire away.

PS. Also over a year since we heard anything from THAT guy above (Fulgor)
what happened to him?

Aeon? Whatdidya do with him? })

Grigori

Thanks Ravenest. The DVD is a (somewhat) modern recording, VHS version exists as well. I've ordered this and another by the same people. Perhaps we could do a trade.... :)

I don't have other specific questions as yet, but will prepare some shortly :D

Scion

Ravenest, I would be deeply be interested in your paprer if you'd be willing to email me a copy. I'm PMing you. :)

Similia, you may be perplexed by some of Poke's decisons/assumptions in the aforementioned vids. He really is running a temple in the old-school 1970s occult model. So his Goetic work is really idiosyncratic.

Additionally... are you only looking at the Goetia? The Heptameron is something about which I could contribute as well. And several folks (esp. Peterson and Skinner & Rankine) make a case for most of the evocational texts of the Lemegeton deriving from it. But the Heptameron is very different in practical use.

Strange syncronicity that this thread has resurfaced at this exact moment.

Aeon418

ravenest said:
PS. Also over a year since we heard anything from THAT guy above (Fulgor)
what happened to him?

Aeon? Whatdidya do with him? })
It wasn't me!!! I'm innocent!!! :laugh:

Grigori

Scion said:
Additionally... are you only looking at the Goetia? The Heptameron is something about which I could contribute as well. And several folks (esp. Peterson and Skinner & Rankine) make a case for most of the evocational texts of the Lemegeton deriving from it. But the Heptameron is very different in practical use.

No, not at all. I'm not really asking about Goetia at all, but more opportunities presented to pursue that topic so was running with that. I'm really interested in evocation generally, and would love to discuss any methods.

I should have the DVD's end of the month, so would love to dicuss them in detail once I've seen them. From the reviews I've read I assume they will be different than my book learnings so far, but the chance to see something demonstrated visually is too good to pass up.