I love.....

Stanton

I want this to be heard [read]!

I think.. I think I know what "Love," feels like now. I... I love the Thoth. I almost love it enough to begin brainstorming names for my baby, and using one.... I wove my widdle Thothy. [Ok, now that the comedic portion of this is done]

This deck is amazing. Before it, I'd had a Universal Waite, and it was more science than feeling. I'd look at the card, pick apart symbols and that was all. The Thoth... Wow, it's as if the card I look at, comes to life, sentient, vibrant, emotive, thinking, life. It doesn't say, "look here at this symbol," while I read. No, it says, "Here, this is what you want to know." I don't feel like I'm following a feeling, I'm being told by the card exactly what it wants to say.

And connections! With that Waite, I couldn't connect cards together, except in relation to suits. The Thoth screams, "Look, I'm beating the meaning away from position 3, maybe position 7 can tell you why!"

I love The Thoth, it has rekindled the love of symbols in me, as well as personification of cardboard objects. ^_^

You may feel feel ree to do your praising too, or to just nod and smile.

Cosmotaroist

I agree....RWS too simplistic.......that why I can only work with Thoth.......other decks too light...(meaningless) for me...nodd and smile.............

room

Stanton said:
I love The Thoth, it has rekindled the love of symbols in me, as well as personification of cardboard objects.

Yes, very good. [nod]

I have found that the Thoth likes to mix with other decks, and frighten them off with its intensity.

Go ahead, pull a Universal Waite card with one of the Thoth cards and see what happens.

inanna_tarot

LOL thats like introducing a small yappy type dog to a rotwieller!

But the Thoth is a very refreshing deck, that just doesnt get 'old' on you like some decks do after a while of study. Unlike a lot of fad decks that are in vogue at the moment, they'll get lost to the winds after a few years and fashions change. The Thoth was way before its time when it first came out, and hmm most probably never find its time lol.

And its the only deck I have multiple copies of lol.

ravenest

inanna_tarot said:
LOL thats like introducing a small yappy type dog to a rotwieller!

HA! lol at your lol.
R.W., a small yappy dog, YES!

Now you have me thinking about a professional wrestling match between Crowley and Waite.

Stanton

Lol!

ravenest said:
HA! lol at your lol.

Now you have me thinking about a professional wrestling match between Crowley and Waite.

That'd be great, but I think Mr. Waite believes you are too unclean to look upon him :p

Voron

ravenest said:
HA! lol at your lol.

Celebrity Deathmatch(tm)!! Crowley vs. Waite!! Smith vs. Harris!!
Now, live on Pay-per-view!!

ravenest

Actually there really was a physical fight between Harris and Smith once.

SilentBreeze

I <3 the thoth too. Ever since I got it, I can't read with any other deck. It is the best. I love the thoth deck.

Formicida

ravenest said:
Actually there really was a physical fight between Harris and Smith once.

Really? Please tell more!