Knight of Disks

mooiedragon

Once again, the court cards have me confused, this time it's the Knight of disks.... what's he all about?

I don't know, the Knights to me all seem focused, they have taken the idea of the Prince and moved it forward with all of their might. So the Knight of Disks has taken the idea of physical pleasures - career, family, health and is moving towards manifesting these aspects of life to the fullest. But what traits specifically can be attributed to this guy? He could be a farmer, but then he could also be a bank manager or a doctor or something, couldn't he? What else is he like? He's a stranger to me, that's for sure - any help figuring him out would be really appreciated!

Umbrae

The Knight of Disks is earth personified. Not a deep thinker, he may be slow or plodding. He holds a flail. A flail was a farming implement that ended up being used as an item of war for non-warrior types. Uncle Al tells us that “…for the moment his function is entirely confined to the production of food” His horse is “solidly planted on all four feet, as was not the case with the other Knights. He rides through the fertile land; even the distant hills are cultivated fields.”

The Knight of Disks is preoccupied with the material, of labor.

This is not the intellectual powerhouse, but is clever – this is the guy who can fix a car with a piece of bailing wire and bubble gum.

Adjustment

I agree with Umbrae, the main interest for this knight is working and figuring out how to produce phsysical and material things, he is the practical type, he doesn't want to be distracted from what he wants to acomplish.

mooiedragon

Umbrae said:
This is not the intellectual powerhouse, but is clever – this is the guy who can fix a car with a piece of bailing wire and bubble gum.

I like that explanation! I guess he's a resourceful man, too. Thank you both for adding insight - it has helped quite a bit, although I am not sure I fully understand him yet. I'll ponder the question for a bit and hopefully have something more to add later.