Which editions have the UH card?

Aure

I'm thinking of buying a standard size Thoth deck and doing a borderectomy to it. Am I correct that cutting a standard size would make an almost pocket size deck? I've always felt that even the standard size is too large for my hands (Ihave standard and pocket size Finnish thoths), so I'd rather buy a standard size than the large one.

But... I've been trying to find out for several days If there's an edition of the deck in standard size with the unicursal hexagram card. So, which editions have the card? I've heard that some AGM versions have it, some don't. Flicking through the earlier threads only made my head hurt so I would be happy to get some info on this!

The weird thing is that I happen to own a defective edition of the pocket Thoth in Finnish... It has the UH card, but the hexagram isn't red or rainbow, it is grey! What makes this more interesting is that I heard Kissa has the same deck with the same ISBN and all, but with the rainbow UH...

gregory

If you can't face the threads (and I have every sympathy - I had to buy about 6 copies to get all the variations - all 3 mages, UCH, OTO card etc...) your best bet is just to e-mail Tarotgarden or Somerville and ask ! I can confirm that NONE of my smaller versions have it !

(as to the grey UCH - I would suspect a duff print run ! No-one - even Lillie, our resident Thoth variant expert, has ever mentioned such a thing !)

But this link might help. MIGHT.

Lillie

Actually.....
I have heard of such a thing.

I believe it is mentioned in the Thoth edition thread, and I believe it was from Finland.
So, perhaps a Finnish variant.

Standard....
Is that the middle size? The purple box size?
I'm not sure, but don't most of them have the Magi instead of the Hex?

I'm only good on the big size.

Umbrae

gregory said:
...your best bet is just to e-mail Tarotgarden or Somerville and ask ! I can confirm that NONE of my smaller versions have it !
I go
t my pocket Thoth from the Tarot Garden, and it has the UH, correctly coloured.

Lillie

Is pocket the tiny one?
Or is it just an alternative name for standard?

I get confsed. Partly because I always think of the large one as 'The Standard' size. And everything else as a shrunken version of 'The Proper One'.

gregory

I am confused too. the one I have that thinks it is a pocket deck is the same size as - let's say - most LS ones.... How big is yours, Umbrae ? (Mine's a Muller and has no UCH of any kind.)

Aeon418

Pocket: 8.9 x 5.7cm

Standard: 11 x 7cm

Large: 14 x 9.5cm

Aure

That's what I find confusing, there doesn't seem to be an uniform standard on these deck sizes. From what I've learned the sizes in U.S. Games versions are larger than in the European versions (at least used to be).

I decided that it really doesn't matter whether the deck has three magus cards or UHC and ordered the green and lavender box U.S. Games versions in other words the large and the standard one. Uh sorry, Lillie, I meant to say the standard and the shrunken version... ;D

I was going to order Suzanne Wagner's book too but then I read a review here that made me think twice. I guess I'll settle for A.C. BoT and DuQuette's book instead. Then I'll just have to wait until I get my new paper cutter and some new corner rounding scissors and then I'm going to perform my very first borderectomy... Those threads on trimming decks were simply too much for me, I've got to try it!!

gregory

I do like to get either the mages or the UCH. I have at least one deck which had neither. :( It was brand new - and the LWB doesn't mention either either, so I assume it wasn't meant to..... (A Muller, for the curious - my OTHER Muller - larger - has 3 Mages....)