Is Art really the Chariot Astrologically?

SerpentaAzothi

I have come across some interesting information. In crowley's thoth tarot it shows that Chariot is Cancer, and Art is Sagittarius. But according from other sources its different. Basically Chariot is Sagittarius, and Art is Taurus. In the Chariot card it shows the infamous thelema writing above the crab, which is Abrahadabra. It is the 11 fold mysterious word of the law of the new aeon. This word adds up to 61 from my system I use, which equals 7, the number of sagittarius and "The Chariot." That cant be a coincidence at all.

Because of this I am highly doubting the accuracy of thoths system, it seems to be a veil to the true tarot that IS NOT being shown to the public, and if it is which I seem to believe its in the background with no publicity. Hidden to be found, by those that are in the know. Anyway there is more, Abrahadabra is a gnostic formula, before crowely's time, it is the law of Abraxas, abraxas is another word for IAO, the word of god. Abraxas is a seven fold name, 7 letters, that happen to be the same sum of Abrahadabra. Abraxas is identical to Horus, the Aeon of Horus. The eleven fold star is a mixture of the pentagram symbolic of man, and the Hexagram the sybolism of Abraxas or God.

The great work is in these two symbolic representations, the uniting of the macrocosm to that of the microcosm. This is an inuando to the real meaning to the word of god. Abraxas also means 365, the same as a year. And the shemhamphoresch, also known as the word of god, the 72 angels of god. Abraxas is a combo of the sun and moon, which leads me to believe that the way of the arrow according to the kabbala, is not from Yesode to Tifereth, but from Yesode to Malkuth, malkuth in another kabbala system is the sun. Not up but down. The arrow in the art card is misleading, it belongs to the chariot astrologically. So in concluding, I believe the meaning of chariot is largely different then whats being shown, that is the symbolism of the whole deck is misleading.

Sorry for my rants, but this is what I have researched, I am not here to denounce the crowley tarot, but to add another element to the mystery. Hope you found my research interesting,

Serpenta

Baccus93

If this information you put forth is actual research, please site the sources so I too can re-search this before informing you of my impressions - else, the only impressions I can offer you are phantoms.

SerpentaAzothi

I found the information from Sacred Tarot by C.C. Zain, and from a really old written document that I cant find on the internet. Its 50 pages long without a title, I know, I know why would you believe it when it has no title, but In my opinion its accurate. Anyway hope that helps, sorry I couldnt give you the title.

Serpenta

AbstractConcept

Sounds a bit flakey to me.

Grigori

SerpentaAzothi said:
Basically Chariot is Sagittarius, and Art is Taurus.

Then is the Heirophant Cancer in your opinion Serpenta? Or are more cards affected than just these three?

Nholdamek

I don't know about these sources from which you are researching, but it seems to me that since Crowley was the one chosen to start Thelema, and thus to talk about the great work, etc etc etc, then his Thoth Tarot would be the one reflective of this. How can anyone claim otherwise? He was the one chosen to spread this and thus I highly doubt he would intentionally try to deceive.

Just my opinion though, and I'm not really experienced enough to comment on any of it.

kwaw

SerpentaAzothi said:
I found the information from Sacred Tarot by C.C. Zain, and from a really old written document that I cant find on the internet.
Serpenta

The sacred tarot by Zain is online here:

http://www.lightofegypt.com/testind...&folderToUse=courses/Book_06_The_Sacred_Tarot

Zain's correspondences are Zain's correspondences, irrelevant to Crowley's BoT or the Crowley/Harris deck imo.

There are numerous variations in such attributions according to different schools or individuals. For the Crowley/Harris Thoth deck I suggest you use those in his BoT; for Zain's Tarot those in his 'Sacred Tarot'.

To use Zain's attributions for the Crowley/Harris deck is just silly. If you prefer Zain's attributions, then use the Church of Light deck.

"The Brotherhood of Light Tarot Deck" by C.C. Zain can be found here:

http://www.astroamerica.com/t-brother.html

On the designs of this deck

quote:
In 1901, just five years after the Falconnier-Wegener publication, Edgar de Valcourt-Vermont published his book Practical Astrology under the pseudonym of Comte C. de Saint Germain. His book reproduced the earlier illustrations of Wegener, and added designs for the Minor Arcana. The only difference between the Wegener designs and the Valcourt-Vermont reproductions is that Trump II (The Gate of the Sanctuary) was slightly redesigned. These 78 images were later published as a deck in 1978 by AGMüller under the name Egyptian Tarot.
The pattern was redrawn in 1936 by Gloria Beresford(5) to illustrate C.C.Zain's(6) book The Sacred Tarot. This version (shown above) added numerous small details, such as the constellations that appear throughout the deck and the miniature drawings added to many designs. The deck was published by the Church of Light under the name Egyptian Tarot Cards, also known as The Brotherhood of Light Tarot which takes its name from the organization which Zain founded. The material in Zain's book was first published by him in 1918 as a series of instructional courses, and was at that time illustrated with the reproductions from Practical Astrology. A new edition of The Sacred Tarot was published in 1996 with significantly improved Tarot designs which are beautifully redrawn (shown above).
Zain's book is especially noteworthy because it included what is likely the first English translation of Christian's original Arcana descriptions. The passages were translated in 1901 by Zain's friend Genevieve Stebbins, to whom he gives credit.
John H. Dequer published a deck in 1949(7) with Trump designs based on those by Zain. Dequer's Egyptian version of The Empress appeared as the cover of Crowley's The Book of Thoth in 1944(8).
End quote from:
http://www.meta-religion.com/Esoterism/Tarot/a_history_of_egyptian_tarot_deck.htm

Kwaw

kwaw

Attachments

• ThothB.jpg
    ThothB.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 119

kwaw

kwaw said:
Is that correct? Why use a Dequer illustration rather than one of Harris's?

Here is a picture of the limited first edition from the weiser antiquarian catalogue here {follow link for futher information}:

http://www.weiserantiquarian.com/catalogtwo/

Kwaw

This catalogue also includes letters between Harris and others with reference to the BoT which may be of interest to some:

http://www.weiserantiquarian.com/catalog/

Another catalogue:

http://www.weiserantiquarian.com/catalogone/

(They are out of date, though items themselves probably no longer available, info may be of interest to some).

Kwaw

rogue

Abraxas

SerpentaAzothi, your explanation of Abraxas is identical to Schreck's in The Manson File. Manson is apparently the avatar of this deity. The cock-headed Abraxas is a solar deity, symbolic of the unification and transcendance of the false dichotomies that we misunderstand as mortal man, ever since we were cast out of the garden. Abraxas is the way back in. In the Gnostic scriptures he is the spiritual guardian of the highest level of heaven and also symbolic of eternal life. He is often confused with the demiurge, the lion-serpent Ialtabaoth. In Abraxas, dichotomies such as good/evil, right/wrong, and darkness/light are understood from the alchemical sense. They are not real from the higher, spiritual perspective of universal understanding. Abraxas is a state of mind that represents total reality.