Is Art really the Chariot Astrologically?

SerpentaAzothi

Hi, thanks guys for your responses, Hierophant is Jupiter not cancer. The whole deck is different exept for The tower, and magician, and sun. I agree I shouldnt attribute the Zain's tarot with the Thoth, I was just trying to see similarities and compare the decks themselves together. Thanks for the links guys, that really helps. I never heard of, "Schreck's in The Manson File." I will look it up thanks Lampkin. Again I am not here to go against Thoth, I am just a curious student. Thanks for your opinions, they help.

Serpenta

ravenest

SerpentaAzothi said:
In the Chariot card it shows the infamous thelema writing above the crab, which is Abrahadabra. It is the 11 fold mysterious word of the law of the new aeon.

Sorry, that's wrong too ... look at your Chariot card carefully.

One can get awefully confused when combining systems (or looking for similarities) that are different.

Thoth is best understood by studying Crowley's system, not other peoples systems and understandings of the Thoth deck. For example, one will never understand the ancient Egyptian system if one constantly tries to get it to fit into your own Qabbalistic understandings. Nor can one fully understand the Thelemic concept of the Devil Thoth Atu (which isn't 'The Devil' as such) when still being influenced by old aeon concepts of fear, guilt and divine retribution and punishment, etc, etc.

Even cards that appear exactly the same in other decks are different because even if they are interpreted with a Thelemic mode, their energy also needs to be applied in a Thelemic mode.

SerpentaAzothi

Hi Raven, the thoth Chariot has the name Abrahadabra above the crab in cursive letters, its hard to see. I just looked at the card.

Serpenta

rainwolf

Hi, thanks guys for your responses, Hierophant is Jupiter not cancer
I agree with the mixing systems also. Two different people found two different things. By thoth (and even astrology) that doesn't match up.

Jupiter is the Wheel of fortune
Hierophant is taurus.

How do you understand jupiter and the hierophant to be linked? Jupiter has more in common with the wheels periods of luck and fate (IMO).

SerpentaAzothi

To me jupiter and hierophant in the system I was looking at, represents religion and spiritual forces in a hierarchy. Jupiter also being in Wheel in the Thoth system means what you mentioned. Yes I agree I shouldnt mix up the systems all it does is give a good headache. Thanks.

Serpenta

AbstractConcept

SerpentaAzothi said:
Hi Raven, the thoth Chariot has the name Abrahadabra above the crab in cursive letters, its hard to see. I just looked at the card.

Serpenta
It actually spells "ABRACADABRA", Harris made a typo.

SerpentaAzothi

Hi, the word Abrahadabra has the same meaning as abracadabra, its just spelled different to the unwary. Abracadabra is also related to Abraxas. The Abracadabra word is the forerunner of Abrahadabra. Anyway in the Book of Thoth it has that word on the bottom of the page in the Chariot section. The word I keep mentioning.

Serpenta

rogue

Did you ever see any Abraxas talismans from the Roman Empire?

SerpentaAzothi

Hi Lampkin, no I havent, where can i find a picture?

Serpenta

rogue

talisman images

I have a few good images I got off the internet years ago, but the sites don't seem to be around any more. One of them contains the magical word Abracadabra in its proper form.... I'll send them to you after I hunt them down. I painted Abraxas last year also, so I'll send that image along too.