Aeon study group

Aeon418

ravenest said:
Is there any celestial mechanism that indicates or regulates the progression of Aeon's or is it more of a retrospective judgment of social, philosophical, etc trends?
I see the Aeon's as developmental landmarks in human evolution. It's got nothing to do with celestial cycles per se. But in much the same way as all growing kids pass through the same developmental stages, environment can still have a big influence on that development. That's how I see the interaction between the Aeon's and Astrological ages. They aren't the same thing, but there is a degree of influence between the two.

This is why I refer to the Aeon as the main dish. And the Astrological age is the seasoning.

ravenest

So; Horus 'taking his seat in the east' is a non-cosmological or non-astrological metaphor?

Does Aeonic progression have a source in Egyptology?

Aeon418

ravenest said:
So; Horus 'taking his seat in the east' is a non-cosmological or non-astrological metaphor?
Only in the sense that the Golden Dawn Equinox ceremony could be considered an astrological metaphor. That's the place to look to undertand what is going on.
ravenest said:
Does Aeonic progression have a source in Egyptology?
I thought you were Mr Egyptology? ;) Guessing, I would say no.

ravenest

But 'Mr. Egyptology' does not know EVERYTHING about ancient Egypt ;)
(But I thought 'Mr. Crowley' might know something about it.)

Aeon418

ravenest said:
But 'Mr. Egyptology' does not know EVERYTHING about ancient Egypt ;)
(But I thought 'Mr. Crowley' might know something about it.)
Mr Crowley is aware of the fact that 666 "tried" to shoe-horn the Aeon's onto the astrological phenomenon known as the Precession.

Unfortunately ........ it doesn't work.