The Thoth Companion

Margo

I just ordered The Thoth Companion by Michael Osiris Snuffin, and I can't wait to get started!

I've also been reading here today, and have been learning so much from you all. I wished I had joined in earlier now. If I had, I could have been an experienced tarot reader by now!

I'm really enjoying my time here, thanks all.

Skimo

Hi,

I ordered it a few days ago too.

I also have the Thoth since a few years and want to get a better understanding of it.

I came on the forum a few days ago like you...

Bizarre coincidence...

Margo

Hi there, I'm not surprised. I was told this is a number 9 year, and that all things going on in our lives get tied up, so we can move onto new things next year. So, both of us have been guided to learn our cards once and for all, so we can move on to new things.

It will be good to hear what you think of the book, and how much it helps you. ;)

ravenest

Hi Guys, welcome to the Tothers.

Margo

Thank you ravenest.

planetmoon

I would be interested to know what people think of this book. When I looked through it recently in Watkins book I wasn't all that impressed as it didn't seem to be meaty enough though I am prepared to be wrong...

Aeon418

Snuffin's, The Thoth Companion is a little like Lon Milo DuQuette's own Thoth book. It's an introduction and a stepping stone to Crowley's master work, The Book of Thoth.

Lon's Thoth book is good at summing up the ideas behind the cards. Snuffin dissects the cards piece by piece. They compliment each other quite nicely and supply enough background material to enable the average reader to tackle Crowley with a degree confidence.

DuQuette and/or Snuffin are not a substitute for Crowley though. ;)

planetmoon

I'm beginning to realise that about the Book of Thoth. I read it for the first time today and I have to say that Crowley's take on his own cards is very illuminating.

I might give the Snuffin another look.

Aeon418

planetmoon said:
I might give the Snuffin another look.
I first read The Book of Thoth over 20 years ago. Since then I have read it from cover to cover more times than I can remember and refer back to it frequently. Despite that I still got "something" out of Snuffin's book and learnt a few things that I had missed. ;)

planetmoon

Thanks for the replies and info Aeon, I note you are in ol Blighty.