Got my Thoth!

planetmoon

I received my Thoth deck in the post today, now I am all Thoth'd up!

I have the Zeigler, Lon Milo and Bahnzaf books on order so I have plenty to get my teeth into!

Wish me well!

Jewel

The Lon Milo DuQuette book is excellent.

Which version of the Crowley Harris Thoth did you get?

planetmoon

The AG Muller set...

flicker

Nice one I have the muller set enjoy the books as well.

Le Fanu

Little bit of advice (and check out my thread on Thoth called "muddy" !); take it slowly. Be careful of getting bogged down with the books. Get to know the images first, then only seek textual back-up later. Otherwise it all gets to be a bit of an avalanche...

planetmoon

I know what you mean about the books, they should support, not overwhelm. I love to read around the Thoth as I am attracted by the Kabbala and astrology has always fascinated me.

Daiset

Nice :)

It's my birthday today and I just got my Thoth (and quite a lot earlier than I expected too!)

I'm going to be doing the deck interview spread soon while it's still fresh, so I'll be posting that in my readings too :)

planetmoon

The deck interview spread? Sounds interesting.

morticia monroe

Planetmoon,
Good luck on your journey to Thothdom. I got the large Thoth for Christmas, and did one or two readings for myself in the days following that were the most obvious and concise I've ever done. Then I put the deck up,,,,I bought a book for it, but I'm afraid to try and get into it just yet. The thing is that I am finally really comfy with the RWS system, and wondering if I'm ready to devote the time to a whole new line of study. But man, I LOVE that deck!

Keep us posted on how things are going for you. I'm interested.
Morticia

MariposAzl

I'm interested as well. I just saw the Crowley Harris Thoth in person for the first time this weekend and decided that I will (one day) purchase it and attempt to learn it. I too am a die hard RWSer and fear it will be difficult to get used to. Only thing is I just got an Aquarian that I have vowed to get to know before I move into Thothdom.
Well, best of luck to you and please, as a fellow RWS user, keep me posted as to your progress. I'm quite interested in your point of view on the ease of learning and inevitable comparisons of the two :)