"but you've already got a Tarot deck!"

nisaba

I am bemused.

Amused, and bemused.

I don't inflict Tarot on my friends, but I don't hide it, either.

My daughter's equal-best friend, K, has a mother called M who is a teacher at my daughter's school and was really good to her when she and I were living in different states for a few months. M took me shopping last week because her daughter had in turn been staying with us - the groceries she funded were at once a way of not feeling guilty that I was feeding her kid, and saying thank-you to me, and I was quite happy about it.

I was - well, I *wasn't* expecting a parcel from the Tarotgarden, because the main parcel had already arrived. However, Umbrae had mailed a part of that consignment separately to me, the Blue Moon, a slim 22-card deck. First, it was sent some time after the first parcel, then when it was reasonable to assume it might have arrived, I had a house full of teenagers and assignments for my course to do, so I didn't get around to going to the post office. So when M took me to buy groceries, I jumped at the chance to pick up my parcel.

And it was there. I was delighted. I was jumping up and down, saying "My parcel's arrived! My parcel's arrived!" M was smiling indulgently at me. As soon as we walked out of the post office into the sunlight, I was ripping into the corner of the parcel. Umbrae is a bit of a fusspot, and had sealed it very, very well. M told me to calm down, I'd know what it was soon. I said I already knew - it was a Tarot deck.

She looked completely flummoxed.

"But you've already got a Tarot deck, haven't you?" she asked. She simply couldn't wrap her mind around wanting another one. She still can't.

One day, I'm going to have to spread *all* my decks all over the table - and floor - when she visits.

rwcarter

As if one could be enough! Either M is mad (as in crazy) or I am! })

Le Fanu

Ive already got a book in my house, but - oddly - keep buying more too. Insane isn't it?

Ive also already got a CD and keep buying more of those too. Just can't control myself.

And - gosh - imagine life with just one tarot deck and nothing in the post except phone bills and electricity bills...

nisaba

<sadly> Poor thing, she's completely Tarot-deficient.

It's like being born without eyes, or with no fingers or something.

Sinduction

Yeah, my boyfriend says the same thing. Why do you need more?

They just don't get it. :D

Until... I asked him why he needed more than one camera. He shut up right away and hasn't bothered me again!

emmsma

Thats kinda how hubby is when I say I want a new kitty.

Nevada

Poor things. They don't understand. :) Low TQ (Tarot Quotient). :laugh: Low Kitty Quotient -- same difference.

SkadisPhoenix

Yep, my boyfriend is like that. I have four tarot decks, five if you count the one I'm thinking of trading off, oracle decks as well. And M really does NOT understand, bless him, why I want more than one deck. I despair at times. He goes along with it, because he's like that, but the quizzical looks he gives me at times. :D

karenquilter

Le Fanu said:
Ive already got a book in my house, but - oddly - keep buying more too. Insane isn't it?

Ive also already got a CD and keep buying more of those too. Just can't control myself....
I have more than one DVD, too.
K

gingerstar

I had the same comment from MIL earlier this year when she asked me what I would like for my birthday!

"You have enough decks" grrrr!

Am hoping to get the deviant moon deck :) only 4 days to go :)

next on my list is magical forest :)

gingerstar