"but you've already got a Tarot deck!"

moderndayruth

Alta said:
Too many decks, hah!

Alta
Right, there is no such thing as 'too many decks'! Its a dangerous myth! :thumbsup:

Le Fanu said:
I remember when my limit was 50 (*wistful sigh*). I genuinely thought there were no more than 50 that I actually liked. Until I looked harder.
:D :D :D

Lol, i also usually add you should see Gregory's collection! :p

emmsma

I remember saying no more than 40 decks. Then I realized I had almost 10 oracles, so my number went up. I have given up counting and am not sure what I will have when all my new arrivals are in.

stefficus

nisaba said:
gregory said:
I recall the days when my boss - a dear friend - said I was obsessed. Nonsense, I said. I only have about 50 decks. What, he asked, would be an obsession ? 200, I said......

Oops.

<curious> Are you still friends? Does he KNOW?
:laugh::laugh::laugh: oh, i LOVE the answer to this one. heh.

gregory

nisaba said:
<curious> Are you still friends? Does he KNOW?
He's dead now. Do please advise :(

He knew when I passed 1000 and he thought it was funny.... He used to tease me ! A LOT - I loved him to bits !

nisaba

gregory said:
He's dead now. Do please advise :(
<automatically> I didn't do it! I wasn't anywhere near him at the time, I swear! Best advice I could give right about now, would be to bury him. And remember him with fondness.

gregory said:
He knew when I passed 1000 and he thought it was funny.... He used to tease me ! A LOT - I loved him to bits !
you know, I think there are only two real-world people who know how my collection has grown! I think, despite Mary's belief-system, already having one Tarot deck just doesn't do the job. I like Le Fanu's take on it, the CDs, the books ...

Nevada

Aw, gregors, sorry about your boss. I had a boss years ago that I was close to that way, who died. He never knew about my Tarot, but I'm sure he would've teased me about it. We can't replace your former boss, but we will continue to tease you relentlessly about all your decks to help ease your pain. })

I plan to grow my collection more in the future. I have a tight budget, but I've decided that I can afford the cost of a deck every two or three months. I'm so tired of decks I love going out of print before I get to them.

I hope my speeding up of collecting doesn't freak out those close to me. Oh well. :rolleyes: Yesterday I ordered a couple that intrigued me -- a mini-Fournier Marseille and something I just discovered and had to buy, a Spanish Egyptian deck (also from Fournier, I think) called Tarot Egipcio.

Might need to save up for a bigger house after all -- and at least one more storage box. My cat Tara likes to lounge on top of the one mine are now stored in, just daring me to get one too many decks to fit safely in there out of her reach. (As a kitten she was deadly to anything cardboard, including a Thoth Hermit, which she drowned. I still don't let her near my cards when they're out.)

nisaba

Nevada said:
(As a kitten she was deadly to anything cardboard, including a Thoth Hermit, which she drowned.
<falling about laughing wildly>

He probably needed a good wash anyway.

Nevada

nisaba said:
On a completely unrelated matter, I am now the proud owner of a lump of Butterscotch-jade, which has been partially carved to represent a reclining (fat) buddha resting in an alcove of native, unhewn stone.
That sounds lovely -- and hurray, nisaba's shopping! :)

Nevada

nisaba said:
<falling about laughing wildly>

He probably needed a good wash anyway.
He did, but alas he's never been the same since that soak in a glass of water. Fortunately it was my hubby's deck not mine, and we had a spare Hermit. But I couldn't throw him away, he's still here in a box with the spare deck. Do you think that's ghoulish of me? I mean, I hope it's not like the guy in psycho keeping his dead mother around? I'm very attached to the Hermit ... but maybe I need to bury him and remember him with fondness.

gregory

nisaba said:
Sometimes I wonder if Mr Gregory boasts ... or endures in defeated silence <evil grin>.
Mr Gregory enjoys !
Does not boast - we sometimes wonder about burgularrrrs !!!