Touchstone Tarot~ 9 of Cups

stargazer

Tarotlyn,

You are right.

I have read this as a reversal, which is strange as I am very careful never to reverse my cards but for some weird reason this is the second time I have done this in the study group today!

Very strange :(

morticia monroe

I see this as a man who, at a late stage in life, has finally found love. Real love. The bowl of cherries symbolizes the true happiness he has finally found in wedding the woman of his dreams. He holds a red sash belonging to his lady love, and daydreams about her (as is indicated in the cups being above and all around his head. She is all he can think about,,,,)

morticia monroe

Re-studying my study cards again this morning and seeing this one a little differently,,,

Today, I see satisfaction,,,the kind that that means complete emotional fulfillment.

This man has made it,,,and I don't mean necessarrily in material terms. What I mean is that he has achieved a deep down feeling of completeness, wholeness, and happiness. Obviously since he is wearing a ring he may be married, but this ring could also signify a strong emotional bond,,,the tie that binds,,,,and the type of fulfillment that you find only after spending years with someone,,,,or years pursuing and perfecting your passion,,,,, whatever his purpose or passion in this life is, this man has found it and is deeply at peace and content with his life.

stargazer

morticia monroe said:
Re-studying my study cards again this morning and seeing this one a little differently,,,

Today, I see satisfaction,,,the kind that that means complete emotional fulfillment.

This man has made it,,,and I don't mean necessarrily in material terms. What I mean is that he has achieved a deep down feeling of completeness, wholeness, and happiness. Obviously since he is wearing a ring he may be married, but this ring could also signify a strong emotional bond,,,the tie that binds,,,,and the type of fulfillment that you find only after spending years with someone,,,,or years pursuing and perfecting your passion,,,,, whatever his purpose or passion in this life is, this man has found it and is deeply at peace and content with his life.

After 26 years together, I often ask my cards what my husband really thinks of me and ask," is he still content."
Even though he gives me no reason to think otherwise.

I always pull this card! I shall never ask again!:D

morticia monroe

Aww that's so sweet,,,he loves you. :)

I can't imagine spending 26 years with anyone,,,or finding anyone who could spend 26 years with me,,,,

stargazer

(((MM)))

Maybe you just haven't found the right one yet.

You've just got to keep looking. ;)

Promise

When I look at this card as a whole, I am immediately struck with a sense of richness, and not in a strictly material sense. The deep royal blue background combined with the finery this older gentleman is dressed in and the bowl of cherries that sits next to him all speak to me in a way that says "I have been blessed!"

His face shows evidence of not necessarily age but of experience and effort. His expression, to me, shows a sense of fulfillment and calm satisfaction; he is happy and content with what he has, but I don't think he takes it for granted either. I believe that this man loves much and is loved much in return. The ring on his left hand is small and is easily overlooked; his love may not always be in the spotlight, but it's always there in the back of his mind, occupying thoughts and driving him forward.

PS: I hope no one minds me butting in here! I've been following the study group as a lurker, but this card was begging me to post.

stargazer

Hi Promise,

Glad to have you on board!

I love what you have said about this card.

Please feel free to jump right in with the rest of us, you will be made very welcome.:)