The Wild Unknown Tarot

GrailSidhe

desertrat,

Did you--really? I was looking at the online images very quickly on my phone while in transit so I missed any notice of winged creatures.

I like the art style of what I saw enough that I would tolerate a few butterflies, but if it gets into fairies and so forth, I may experience some gritting of the teeth.

lol - actually I saw a butterfly but as the main creature of the card. I think the cards are mostly based in animals and the things of nature but seriously doubt there will be a faery or anything like that.

desertrat

desertrat,

Did you--really? I was looking at the online images very quickly on my phone while in transit so I missed any notice of winged creatures.

I like the art style of what I saw enough that I would tolerate a few butterflies, but if it gets into fairies and so forth, I may experience some gritting of the teeth.

I truly saw a butterfly on 2 different cards. So sorry. Hopefully that's the extent of the winged non-bird creatures. I did NOT see any faeries - this doesn't seem like that kind of deck. Gritting your teeth with give you headaches... :heart:

I like how quickly people are pouncing. :p I did the same.

HighPriestess

The images are intriguing, but $60 for a deck that isn't the Victorian Romantic 2nd edition is a little too pricey for me. It definitely does seem very wild and mysterious, though, love all the animals.

jcwirish

Saw this thread. Looked at the cards (loved em). Went away and told others about it. Ordered it.

That's the great thing about AT. People find these incredible decks and share them with the rest of us who would not otherwise have ever seen it.

Stormdancer

Saw this thread. Looked at the cards (loved em). Went away and told others about it.
Yes. Yes, she DID tell OTHERS about it....and then we PAID...:(

:laugh:

Stormdancer

The images are intriguing, but $60 for a deck that isn't the Victorian Romantic 2nd edition is a little too pricey for me. It definitely does seem very wild and mysterious, though, love all the animals.
I paid $40.

Chiriku

lol - actually I saw a butterfly but as the main creature of the card.

Saw those now. Those are acceptable to me; they seem to be straightforward renderings along the lines of something a lepidopterist or other observer-of-insects would commit to paper. What I object to are flutterings and flittings--winged things added to a scene to make it 'charming' or 'whimsical.'

I truly saw a butterfly on 2 different cards. So sorry. Hopefully that's the extent of the winged non-bird creatures. I did NOT see any faeries - this doesn't seem like that kind of deck. Gritting your teeth with give you headaches... :heart:

Thank you for your condolences. Forewarned is forearmed; even if you or others spot fairies, fluttering butterflies or other suspect imagery, I hope you will tell me (and save my teeth).

GrailSidhe

I should be getting an incentive from the artist lol

But seriously, it's too good to pass :)

GrailSidhe

Saw those now. Those are acceptable to me; they seem to be straightforward renderings along the lines of something a lepidopterist or other observer-of-insects would commit to paper. What I object to are flutterings and flittings--winged things added to a scene to make it 'charming' or 'whimsical.'

Thank you for your condolences. Forewarned is forearmed; even if you or others spot fairies, fluttering butterflies or other suspect imagery, I hope you will tell me (and save my teeth).

lol someone actually asked me if there were any feathers in it due to a phobia. My deal breaker is usually an unappealing High Priestess, Star and Queen of Cups card. But mainly the High Priestess.