Slow Holler: New Collaborative Deck

staticfuzz

I was browsing a couple weeks ago and I came across a promotional page for a tarot deck created by a "creative group" called Slow Holler: link. So far they've only completed 18 cards but it looks amazing. I especially like that they selected a limited palette to give the deck a cohesive feel. Some collaborative decks can feel a bit jarring, but so far these seem to meld well for me.

There's a Kickstarter for it here.

What do you all think? :)

Laura Borealis

I thought that name sounded Southern! Southern and queer, even better. This looks to be a worthy project. I love the color palette - so elegant. The Magician as a tattooed Southern belle is brilliant. The Star is gorgeous - I'd love that as a print.

Ace of Stars

I love it. A lot!

tarotbear

I don't see this as 'cohesive' at all - perhaps too many artists are involved. There are several cards I like A LOT - and they seem to be the same couple of artists ... the Chariot, for example.

Dark Victory '39

Gorgeous. I love the color-scheme too.

Laura Borealis

For me, a collaboration like this doesn't have to be that cohesive. I like seeing the different styles and approaches from the different artists, the stories that they bring to the mix. The shared palette and the overall theme are enough to pull it together.

UrbanBramble

I know one of the artists working on this deck and they are brilliant. I keep meaning to preorder but funds are low right now. I would highly suggest that you consider this deck if southern and queer appeals to you. More folks need to make collaborative decks that are specific to their subculture.

aquestionmark

I have backed this deck and hope it gets enough attention and funding because it is truly unique!

karen0205

I have backed this deck and hope it gets enough attention and funding because it is truly unique!

They want $55,000, which is quite a large sum, I hope they get it.