7 of Pentacles for Overall Relationship

wheelie

When I interpret the 7 of Pentacles, and all of the 7s, I am influenced by the Jewish significance of 7 (maybe Kabbalah, too?) as holy...

...on the 7th day, God rested from the work of creation...
...six branches on the lampstand in the tabernacle abiding in the 7th center vine...

I do know the number is not necessarily always good in this sacred numerology as the fearsome beast has seven heads--along with 7 seals, 7 trumpets, 7 bowls in Revelation. Pharaoh's dreams which Joseph interpreted included 7 good cows and 7 lean cows, 7 good ears of grain and 7 blighted ears (representing years of feat and famine). In these cases 7 seems like a final curtain or complete set.

Anyway, when I see the 7 of Pentacles and a worker resting over harvest, I always associate the Sabbath, first fruits, rest, holiness, dedication, consecration...

Ruby Jewel

When I interpret the 7 of Pentacles, and all of the 7s, I am influenced by the Jewish significance of 7 (maybe Kabbalah, too?) as holy...

...on the 7th day, God rested from the work of creation...
...six branches on the lampstand in the tabernacle abiding in the 7th center vine...

I do know the number is not necessarily always good in this sacred numerology as the fearsome beast has seven heads--along with 7 seals, 7 trumpets, 7 bowls in Revelation. Pharaoh's dreams which Joseph interpreted included 7 good cows and 7 lean cows, 7 good ears of grain and 7 blighted ears (representing years of feat and famine). In these cases 7 seems like a final curtain or complete set.

Anyway, when I see the 7 of Pentacles and a worker resting over harvest, I always associate the Sabbath, first fruits, rest, holiness, dedication, consecration...

I like this interpretation, and, as a simple farm girl myself, having been raised on a cotton farm in West Texas, I can relate to having a feeling like this fellow expresses...there is something about working in the earth that lends itself to daydreaming.....dreaming about all the things you're going to do some day.....or, if you're a girl, looking out the kitchen window, perhaps washing dishes, and gazing over a brown terrain so flat you think you can see the curvature of the earth, and the lonely forlorn feeling after the crops are all harvested and the earth lies fallow until spring...one has nothing left to do but dream....and dream one must...just like this fellow...and that is just what I see in this card.