Tarot Plain and Simple

Juccota

I am thinking of getting this book but I would like to hear from the people here first. Is this a good book? What do you think of this book?

Emily

Hi Juccota,

I've just ordered this book because its illustrated with the Robin Wood deck, I'm trying to get used to the Robin Wood and hope that this book will be a stepping stone to using this deck. I've read good reviews of it on other sites so I'm hoping it going to be ok to use :)
I'll post again when I have the book here :)

Alta

I had it earlier on and used it. But after I got Joan Bunning's book and then Mary K. Greer's book, I pretty well stopped using it. I would say it was servicable but uninspired, I guess.

HudsonGray

Emily, did you know Robin Wood came out with her own book for her deck? It's called Robin Wood Tarot The Book, you can probably find it over on www.half.com

I've got it, it's very good but she doesn't list many reversals in it (I have to resort to the little booklet that came with the deck on those). I'm still in the process of memorizing the card meanings.

What does help is a meditation on each one, one a day, where you read the description, then look at the card, then meditate & 'walk into the card' and look around & talk to the people & animals there. It makes it so much easier to remember. You get surprises too (and deeper insights). Start with the Fool, and remember to ask the little dog questions too.

Emily

Hi HudsonGray,

No I didn't know that she'd released her own book on the deck, think I might pop over to Amazon and see if they have it, Thanks :)

Edited to say:- No Amazon UK don't sell it lol oh well

Emily

I had a little re-think about this book, and although I'm sure its an informative and practical book, I've just cancelled the order, I also have J Bunnings book here and TFY on order so I didn't really want another 'run of the mill' general tarot book (I have enough of those lol) but now I know there is an 'official' book on the Robin Wood I can put effort into tracking one down :)

Kissa

Emily said:
but now I know there is an 'official' book on the Robin Wood I can put effort into tracking one down :)

Get it directly from the author and with a few extra bucks, she will sign it for you !
www.robinwood.com

Same price than on Amazon.com

Kissa

HudsonGray

Hey, you know, that's right! She's got a web site & it should be listed on there!

I've met her in person at a Pennsylvania event she attends (it's called Pennsic War) where I picked up her book last year, she signed it for me there. She's a really nice lady. Her deck was out now in Spanish too. I thought she'd do it in German first, but she decided on Spanish instead.

I'm sure you can get her book through her site.

Enjoy!

Juccota

Thanks for all the replies, I went down to the book store today to take a look at the book and read some parts of it. I feel that it a a bit too general for me, oh well.

I think I will go look for the book by Robin Wood and I am going to order 78 Degress of Wisdom soon.

Emily

Thanks for the tips Kissa and HudsonGray, I'm going to go to her site after I finish on here :)

Juccota,
Joan Bunnings book, Learning the Tarot, is good - she also does a free online course where you can download or print off the book at
http://www.learntarot.com/top.htm