froude's faeries

BrightEye

i've seen a nice box set of these, not too expensive, and was thinking of buying them and take them with me on my holidays. what i'm wondering is: how big are the cards and do they come in a box or will i have to get a bag for them?

a_shikhs

This is one of the most beautiful deck of cards I have ever seen. They are simply gorgeous and very lively. :D

The cards are not very big. They are the normal size and very easy to shuffle.They come with a great book of awesome quality. You will have to buy a bag for them. This deck is definately worth it if you are a hardcore faery lover.. ;)

BrightEye

thanks, a_shikhs. the images are beautiful - i've looked at the ones here at AT. the titles of the cards are lovely too.

how big is the book?

Simone

We have a whole forum destined only to Froud's faeries:

Faeries Oracle

you might want to browse through it a bit - have fun!

BrightEye

thanks, simone. forgot about that.

Simone

you're welcome - I hope it helps!

Julien

BrightEye said:
thanks, a_shikhs. the images are beautiful - i've looked at the ones here at AT. the titles of the cards are lovely too.

how big is the book?

As a traveler, I can tell you that you could pack it and the cards, and not take too much space in your luggage. BUT, one of the things the book says is to, well, ignore the book. So what you might consider is taking the deck and a journal, and getting to know the fairies sans book while you're on vacation -- just jot down your thoughts about the cards. Maybe quickly read some of the exercises the book suggests before you leave, then make it up as you go. ;)

Have fun -- it is a beautiful deck and a lot of fun to work with.
Julien

BrightEye

thanks, julien. i was wondering more about the value for money aspect. i actually had in mind to do the intuitve thing on vacation and consult the book when i return. but the deck i saw here is not too cheap, so i was wondering if the book was decent. it was, for example, in the druidcraft kit. that was well worth its money.

Julien

It's worth the money -- mine came hardcover, so unlike my Druidcraft book, it has withstood high humidity, too. ;) It's a good value...

;) Julien

a_shikhs

BrightEye said:
i was wondering more about the value for money aspect. i actually had in mind to do the intuitve thing on vacation and consult the book when i return. but the deck i saw here is not too cheap, so i was wondering if the book was decent. it was, for example, in the druidcraft kit. that was well worth its money.

The kit is completely worth the money. The book is of very high quality. It is a hardcover and lovely quality paper is used. You should take the book with you because there are exercises in the book which will help you to connect with the cards. The book is more than decent and is excellent.. :)