faery pets...

sagitarian

My faeries have adopted pets. We have a squirrel that lives in an old wise tree in front of my house. I see him nearly every morning while on the computer. And at night, the same bunny rabbit comes out and roams around in our lawn in our back yard. I've been watching the bunny since he was just a few weeks old, and now he's fully grown.

So does has anyone else's fae adopted pets? I know my sister's fae has a few times, but I don't remember what they were. They even planted a snake in her laundry room once, and she's TERRIFIED of snakes...giggles with the faery's of how funny that was.

Sage

Satori

Well, we have a gift, but not a true pet, from the Fae.
We found a monarch butterfly chrysallis on a milkweed leaf...which is hard to do. I've been trying for years!

When I found it I screamed!
And the thing is, it is especially hard to find them here because we don't have oodles of milkweed. I purposely don't weed out milkweed in the yard. (honestly, I haven't weeded anything all summer! my gardens are wild right now.)

So we are watching this chrysallis everyday to see it turn to a butterfly.

I think it was a reward.
We found out that my mother-in-law was going to mow her runway out at her farm...she has a huge field that they made into a runway...anyway, we went out to see if we could find some caterpillars to save before she chopped them up!

We found 9!
Each of my daughters took 4 to school and we kept one at home, which did not fare well. He is back outside here, and I believe has died.

So perhaps the Fae said we could have this chrysallis in our yard this year as a little present for saving the others.

What will happen, as you probably know, is that the school releases the butterflies after they emerge. It is a great experience tho for the kids.

We have been seeing some bunnies around as well.
So maybe we do have some pets!

Jewel

I am not sure if the have adopted her, but yesterday my kitty Hermoine spent quite a bit a time with them. I had the deck, in its bag, laying out on the foot stool. She jumped up there pawed the deck 3 times, and then curled up and use it as a pillow. It was interesting, I have never seen her do anything like that before.

sagitarian

Elf,

Awww...how sweet. Saving butterflies and all. It does indeed sound like the fae gave you a present.

Jewel,

That's just too cute. About your cat and the deck. If you got a picture, I'd love to see it.

Sage

Jewel

Sorry, no picture :( ... but it really was cute. Particularly when she was pawing it gently. Like she was trying to get to the cards. I should have fanned them out for her and let her pick the one(s) she wanted and sleep on all of them!, but I guess by putting her head on them as a pillow she did sleep on all of them *LOL*

sagitarian

Makes me think of how my sister pulls a dream card, and the few times that I've spent with the faeries under my pillow, wow, that whacky dreams I would have on those nights.

Sag

Alissa

My Faeries live in my craft room. In the past, they've brought a few pets into the room to live with them, only to Freak Alissa Utterly and Completely Out.

Once upon a time, they brought in a pet snake. Of course, that couldn't stay~! The summer after that, they brought in some mice to live in my piano. We won't discuss the fate of the mice, but I can say they all died by my own hand, and died in a bizarre accident worthy of bragging about in Mouse Heaven.

Jewel

Alissa said:
We won't discuss the fate of the mice, but I can say they all died by my own hand, and died in a bizarre accident worthy of bragging about in Mouse Heaven.
Well since you DID bring it up .... I think you should tell us the rest of the story. If it gives the mice bragging rights I want to know more *LOL*. Literally morbid curiosity.

sagitarian

is in complete agreement with Jewel on this one. sits down indian style and is ready to listen to Alissa's special events, story time.

Alissa

...The furry little buggers were inside my piano, and were quickly in the process of trying to destroy it. We knew of them immediately, I would open the piano lid and the keys would be soiled with mouse turdlets and dried urine... nasty, huh? Add to the fact that mouse traps were completely sold out of the local grocery - them mices were everywhere that year!

Now... this is true. This is very very true....

One day, before Alissa and her family were able to find any D-Con, Alissa sat down at her piano to play. My young son happened to be in the room as well, playing while getting ready to listen to Mama.

I sat on the bench, I opened the piano lid that covers the keys, same as I have so many times before. Strange sights and sounds startle me - tiny squealing sounds of agony, a furry body writihing 12 inches from my face, more excrement on the keys, a stench, oozy stuff coming from the mouse's butt....

And I SCREAMED BLOODY MURDER~!

In the act of opening the piano lid, I managed to catch a mouse. Oh yes, I really did. The unfortunate creature was nesting on the keys just as I opened the lid, and the force of my effort literally squashed him between the lid and the keys themselves.

My son, unaccustomed to Mama screaming as such, became alarmed. "What? What is it, Mama?"

And yes, poor Alissa had to recover and realize that if she didn't put a lid on it (ba-rum-ching), she'd scare her child next. "It's just a mouse honey, but come on. We're not playing in here today."

And I left the bugger for my husband to dispose of (oh yes I did). Get this... 3 days later? Three days later, I finally have the wherewithal to try to clean and play my piano again. No, we still haven't found D-Con by this point. Yes, my husband had disposed of the corpse I had left behind. And, oh yes, I did it again. I caught the second mouse, the exact same way. "AAAAaaaHHHHhhhh~!!!"

This time, however, I opened the piano lid from standing. And my husband was home. His response? "That was a great scream!"

My response: "Glad you enjoyed it... by the way, you've got another dead mouse in there." And, even to this day, I still get a little uneasy when I slide back the piano lid to reveal the keys.